Author Topic: Storm Area 51 creator fears 'humanitarian disaster,' pulls out of own music festival  (Read 342 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

CNN
Maureen O'Hare
Updated 11th September 2019

(CNN) — Picture Burning Man organized by the Fyre Festival bros, but with little gray aliens running amok.

That's what event creator Matty Roberts was worried the AlienStock music festival in southern Nevada was going to turn into, so he's pulled out of proceedings, with just over a week to go.

"Due to the lack of infrastructure, poor planning, risk management and blatant disregard for the safety of the expected 10,000+ AlienStock attendees, we decided to pull the plug on the festival," Roberts and his team announced via the AlienStock website. "We are not interested in, nor will we tolerate any involvement in a FYREFEST 2.0."

Back in July, Roberts' joke Facebook event "Storm Area 51, They Can't Stop All of Us" went viral, with two million people worldwide clicking that they were "Going" to the highly classified US Air Force facility in Rachel, Nevada, to "see them aliens."

(more)
https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/alienstock-festival-creator-pulls-out/index.html
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

It's dead Jim!
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Trying to hold a music festival in the middle of a desolate High Desert, where there's no electricity or water, is beyond idiotic.  Woodstock made more sense.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Trying to hold a music festival in the middle of a desolate High Desert, where there's no electricity or water, is beyond idiotic.  Woodstock made more sense.
I wonder how burning-man does it? They are in a desolate area in the middle of nowhere, and yet they get 10s of thousands of people every year.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I wonder how burning-man does it? They are in a desolate area in the middle of nowhere, and yet they get 10s of thousands of people every year.

It's different terrain north of Reno, I guess.  If some truck-sized generators can be driven in, and some water it's doable.  That area of southern Nevada, however is more like Phoenix without the cactus.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Matty Roberts heard a knock at his door.

Meet The Real-Life Men In Black

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It's different terrain north of Reno, I guess.  If some truck-sized generators can be driven in, and some water it's doable.  That area of southern Nevada, however is more like Phoenix without the cactus.
There's cactus down there, and joshua trees, too. But very little surface water outside of stock tanks. Not a porta potty for tens of miles.... I worked a well about 20 miles outside the fence in the very early 90s.
You know you're in the boonies, but the overflights were neat. (A-10s, C-130, F-16s)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis