Author Topic: U.S. Attorney recommends moving forward with charges against Andrew McCabe - Developing  (Read 301 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Fox News is reporting that a source close to McCabe’s legal team said they received an email from the Department of Justice which said, “The Department rejected your appeal of the United States Attorney’s Office’s decision in this matter. Any further inquiries should be directed to the United States Attorney’s Office.”

U.S. Attorney Jessie Liu has recommended moving forward with charges against Andrew McCabe, Fox News has learned, as the Justice Department rejects a last-ditch appeal from the former top FBI official.

Should the federal prosecutors indict McCabe, he would be the first senior law enforcement official involved in the origins of the investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election....

https://saraacarter.com/u-s-attorney-recommends-moving-forward-with-charges-against-andrew-mccabe/

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 05:49:46 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Hallelujah!

You beat me to it by seconds!

I think it will be hard for them to not prosecute, but we'll see.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I think it will be hard for them to not prosecute, but we'll see.

Getting a conviction in a DC court will be the most difficult part even if the prosecution isn't half-hearted as I suspect it will be.

@EdJames
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 06:05:58 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline PeteS in CA

... a source close to McCabe’s legal team ...

An annoymorous source, not popping any champagne corks yet.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

There is so much bias and snark in this article I won't post an excerpt --- just the link.   From the level of the snark, I'd say USA Today's had this written for a while now.   happy77

Andrew McCabe: prosecutors recommend charges for former FBI official
USA Today, Sept 12, 2019

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/andrew-mccabe-prosecutors-recommend-charges-for-former-fbi-official/ar-AAHcKkk?ocid=ientp

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

With Jessie Liu running things I'm less hopeful.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline PeteS in CA

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Opinion
The Justice Department didn't really have a choice but to charge Andrew McCabe
by Tom Rogan
 | September 12, 2019 04:29 PM

The Justice Department has rejected an effort by former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe to avoid prosecution for deceiving investigators. According to Fox News, U.S. Attorney Jessie Liu has recommended charging McCabe.

McCabe, innocent until proven guilty of any crime, will get his day in court with benefit from an expert legal defense. But from the Justice Department's perspective, this prosecution was probably unavoidable. The FBI are the elite of global law enforcement, and the bureau's motto — Fidelity, Bravery, Integrity — requires its agents and officers to hold true to the highest standards of professionalism. Where there are credible grounds to believe FBI employees have failed to act in that manner, an investigation and ensuing disciplinary or legal action are necessary.

When it comes to McCabe, we've known there are credible grounds for more than a year now.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/the-justice-department-didnt-really-have-a-choice-but-to-charge-andrew-mccabe
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Opinion
The Justice Department didn't really have a choice but to charge Andrew McCabe
by Tom Rogan
 | September 12, 2019 04:29 PM

The Justice Department has rejected an effort by former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe to avoid prosecution for deceiving investigators. According to Fox News, U.S. Attorney Jessie Liu has recommended charging McCabe.

McCabe, innocent until proven guilty of any crime, will get his day in court with benefit from an expert legal defense. But from the Justice Department's perspective, this prosecution was probably unavoidable. The FBI are the elite of global law enforcement, and the bureau's motto — Fidelity, Bravery, Integrity — requires its agents and officers to hold true to the highest standards of professionalism. Where there are credible grounds to believe FBI employees have failed to act in that manner, an investigation and ensuing disciplinary or legal action are necessary.

When it comes to McCabe, we've known there are credible grounds for more than a year now.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/the-justice-department-didnt-really-have-a-choice-but-to-charge-andrew-mccabe

I hope this is just the first of many.  There is an old saying which goes something like this: "The wheels of Justice turn slowly but they DO turn."

- J. R. R. Tolkien