Author Topic: The U.S. exports more oil than Saudi Arabia  (Read 881 times)

Offline thackney

The U.S. exports more oil than Saudi Arabia
« on: September 12, 2019, 04:48:50 pm »
The U.S. exports more oil than Saudi Arabia
https://www.chron.com/business/energy/article/U-S-Beats-Saudi-Arabia-to-Become-Top-Oil-14433783.php
September 12, 2019

The U.S. briefly became the world’s No. 1 oil exporter as record shale production found its way to global customers, and there are prospects for more.

Surging output from shale helped America ship almost 9 million barrels a day of crude and oil products in June, surpassing Saudi Arabia, the International Energy Agency said in a report, citing gross export figures. There’s room to send even more supply overseas as companies add infrastructure to transport the burgeoning production from fields in Texas and New Mexico to the coast.

Gains in U.S. supply are undermining efforts by the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries and its allies, whose production cuts are in their third year in a bid to drain stockpiles. The swelling American output, as well as deepening concerns over global demand fueled by a prolonged U.S.-China trade war, have prompted a drop of almost 20% in benchmark Brent crude from an April high....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: The U.S. exports more oil than Saudi Arabia
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2019, 05:07:06 pm »
I never would have in my wildest dreams decades ago thought I would see this happen.

Yet there it is.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline thackney

Re: The U.S. exports more oil than Saudi Arabia
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2019, 05:41:20 pm »
I never would have in my wildest dreams decades ago thought I would see this happen.

Yet there it is.

Having surplus refining capacity helps.  We import more than we need and export the products.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer