Author Topic: Cancer-stricken boy whose parents stopped chemo must stay with grandparents: judge  (Read 671 times)

Online mountaineer

Cancer-stricken boy whose parents stopped chemo must stay with grandparents: judge
By Kenneth Garger
September 10, 2019

A Florida judge ruled Monday that the cancer-stricken 4-year-old boy whose parents opted to treat him with marijuana-infused oil instead of chemotherapy must remain in the custody of his grandparents, according to a report.

The parents of Noah McAdams, who suffers from lymphoblastic leukemia, temporarily lost custody of their son in May after they skipped his scheduled chemotherapy treatment and fled to Kentucky.

Joshua McAdams and Taylor Bland-Ball claimed their son suffered from adverse reactions to the chemo sessions, so they left the state and gave Noah a mix of CBD oils, fresh foods and clean alkaline water in a bid to help him.  ... Full story at NY Post

*****rollingeyes*****
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Sounds like the right decision to me...

Offline PeteS in CA

Not being familiar with acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL), I checked out W'pedia. Turns out that the current survival rate for this cancer that is commonly diagnosed around this child's age is 90%. There's no guarantee this child would be among the 90% rather than the 10%, of course.

But when I perused the chemotherapy agents commonly used in treatment of ALL, the name of one, vincristine, stood out. One of my children was on vincristine for six months for a different disease. At the time she was 2 years old. Other than losing her hair after a month or two and thoroughly disliking the injection process, she really didn't have much other noticeable reaction. That was some 30 years ago, she's clear of the disease, and doing well (her hair freaks out hairdressers where she lives in China, because her hair is curly and the hairdressers aren't sure what to do).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online mountaineer

Rejecting a reliable drug regimen - apparently with a good cure rate - in favor of CBD and some veggies is really quite stupid.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline roamer_1

Rejecting a reliable drug regimen - apparently with a good cure rate - in favor of CBD and some veggies is really quite stupid.

Regardless, I think the parents decision, operating in good faith, should be what matters. I know there were many times in my parenting life when do-gooders tried to impose their will upon me.

They are my kids, and my responsibility. I will do as I see fit. And if that goes against the will of doctors, as as happened before, so be it.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Regardless, I think the parents decision, operating in good faith, should be what matters. I know there were many times in my parenting life when do-gooders tried to impose their will upon me.

They are my kids, and my responsibility. I will do as I see fit. And if that goes against the will of doctors, as as happened before, so be it.

Yeah, but keep in mind those parents didn't spend several years in medical school like the judge.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline roamer_1

Yeah, but keep in mind those parents didn't spend several years in medical school like the judge.

In my travels, in coming to a solution for my illness, Western medicine was absolutely useless.
What fixed me is alt med, and native med, and food-as-med routines.In which case, the judge's paper on the wall would be just as worthless as the doctor's.  :shrug: