Author Topic: Democrats ramp up calls to investigate NOAA  (Read 223 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats ramp up calls to investigate NOAA
« on: September 11, 2019, 11:19:45 pm »
Democrats ramp up calls to investigate NOAA
By Miranda Green - 09/11/19 06:45 PM EDT

Democratic lawmakers are ramping up requests for investigations into why officials at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) reprimanded their own scientists for contradicting President Trump’s tweet on Hurricane Dorian.

Four Democratic lawmakers are now calling for probes into reports that the White House played a hand in reprimanding NOAA staff at the agency’s Birmingham, Ala., office for tweeting that Alabama would not be affected by the hurricane. That kind of involvement would be seen as a politicization of science.

On Wednesday, the House Committee on Science, Space and Technology launched a congressional inquiry into the circumstances that led NOAA to issue an unsigned statement last week that appeared to rebuke its own scientists who contradicted Trump’s claims about Dorian’s path.

Committee Chair Eddie Bernice Johnson (D-Texas) and Oversight and Investigations Subcommittee Chair Mikie Sherrill (D-N.J.) sent a letter to Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross on Wednesday, requesting a briefing from him and asking for details surrounding publication of last week’s statement.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/461011-democrats-ramp-up-calls-to-investigate-noaa
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Democrats ramp up calls to investigate NOAA
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 11:25:28 pm »
That kind of involvement would be seen as a politicization of science.

uh huh

In the meantime, the politicization of pseudoscience goes on.

Hurricanes go away. Glowbullshit warming lasts forever.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Democrats ramp up calls to investigate NOAA
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 11:51:45 pm »
Investigate Investigate Investigate.

Trump knows how to play the tune the rats dance to!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.