Author Topic: House Democrats will consider bill to block HUD rule allowing anti-trans shelter discrimination  (Read 281 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
This is "Think Progress" but I heard, what this bill means is that currently, Domestic Violence Shelters, usually if not always all women, will now have to let in "transgender persons" IF this bill passes. So, IOW, men and, could this be open to abuse? I'd think so... so now, the Government, HUD prevents this. Not sure if there is "conservative news coverage" of this but it seems like something people might want to know.

House Democrats will consider bill to block HUD rule allowing anti-trans shelter discrimination
Casey Quinlan Twitter

The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) is set to move forward with a proposed rule change that would essentially allow shelters receiving HUD grants to ignore nondiscrimination protections for unhoused transgender people.

Rep. Jennifer Wexton (D-VA), however, has introduced a bill to block that rule that from going into effect. Members will consider the bill once Congress is back in session.

Wexton’s bill, which was first introduced in May, says that the HUD Secretary can’t “implement, administer, or enforce or in any manner make effective the proposed rule” or any final rule that is “based substantially on such proposed rule.”

Read more at: https://thinkprogress.org/house-democrats-will-consider-bill-to-block-hud-rule-allowing-anti-trans-shelter-discrimination-ffab165dce6f/

What silliness.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 08:33:33 pm by TomSea »

Offline verga

I don't recognize my country any more. I am praying for the pendulum to begin to swing back.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.