Author Topic: WATCH: Rep. Doug Collins Drags Jerry Nadler Through The Mud Over Red Flag Laws And Due Process  (Read 162 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
WATCH: Rep. Doug Collins Drags Jerry Nadler Through The Mud Over Red Flag Laws And Due Process
Beth Baumann

@eb454
|
Posted: Sep 11, 2019 8:00 PM

On Tuesday, the House Judiciary Committee held a markup hearing on various pieces of gun control legislation. While discussing HR1236, the Extreme Risk Protection Order Act of 2019, commonly referred to as red flag laws, Ranking Member Doug Collins (R-GA) took swipes at Chairman Jerry Nadler (D-NY). In the past, Nadler has dubbed himself as someone who values civili liberties and due process. But, of course, we know that red flag laws defy both of those principles.

"Mr. Chairman, thank you again for holding this markup today. Like you, I am concerned about addressing this important issue, addressing the issue of mass shootings to combating the discouraging laws plaguing our urban communities. I stand ready to work with you on sensible solutions that will, that could actually prevent, these atrocities. What I am not willing to do is support legislation that will not do anything to make us safer and will simultaneously infringes on the rights and liberties guaranteed by our Constitution. Unfortunately, all three of the bills we're considering today will do just that," Collins explained. "First, we'll be considering HR1236, the Extreme Risk Protection Order Act of 2019. While this bill may seem like a common sense measure, it's flawed in far too many ways to be worthy of this Committee's support."

"Five months ago in an interview, one of the statements given by the Chairman, and you said this to one of your hometown papers: 'My original motive in politics, from the time I was probably 12-years-old, was civil rights, civil liberties and due process and I've always concentrated on them and that's why I've never changed,'" Collins quoted.

Collins laid out the lack of due process and how that's dangerous to Americans' Second Amendment rights.

more w/video
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2019/09/11/watch-rep-doug-collins-drags-jerry-nadler-through-the-mud-over-red-flag-laws-and-due-process-n2552892
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

I wish Collins was my Congressman.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-