Author Topic: Official recommends sheriff suspended after Parkland shooting be reinstated  (Read 990 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The head Coward of Broward might get reinstated?  But the FL senate hopefully will vote NO.
---

A Florida Senate special investigator is recommending that Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel be reinstated after his suspension due to alleged negligence during the mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.

Special Master Dudley Goodlette said in a Wednesday report that Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) did not adequately prove the suspension charges following the 2018 attack, the South Florida Sun Sentinel reported on Wednesday. The full state Senate will decide if Israel gets his job back in October.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/463031-official-recommends-sheriff-suspended-after-parkland-shooting-be
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Official recommends sheriff suspended after Parkland shooting be reinstated
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2019, 12:18:12 am »
I throught they'd already tried this and the Governor rejected it?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2019, 12:34:52 am »
I throught they'd already tried this and the Governor rejected it?

This is new. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2019, 12:36:17 am »
This is new.

I guess they won't stop trying till they reinstate this guy with an apology and back pay.  Never mind how incompetent he and his senior deputies were.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

"The rule of law has prevailed," Israel said a statement after the special master's decision was made public.

I wonder what 'rule of law' the guy is referring to?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Wingnut

It is October and I need to see when the FL Senate is set to vote on this scum suckers reinstatement.

Offline PeteS in CA

It is October and I need to see when the FL Senate is set to vote on this scum suckers reinstatement.

Well that's an insult to scum suckers!

More seriously, from https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/politics/fl-ne-scott-israel-political-players-20190928-ecxyfcppinhnxdgiosz56mhpga-story.html :

The Senate’s 23 Republicans and 17 Democrats are set to take up the case the week of Oct. 21. They are in a difficult spot, and Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis faces a test in whether he can use his bully pulpit to compel the Senate to uphold the suspension.

Do Republican senators disregard the recommendation of their hand-picked investigator and vote to confirm Israel’s ouster? Or do they risk alienating DeSantis and the families of those who lost loved ones in the 2018 Parkland shooting by reinstating Israel as sheriff?

I don't live in FL and don't particularly follow its politics, but I cannot imagine the FL Senate being fricking dumb enough to reinstate an incompetent whose "leadership" cost so many students' lives.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Wingnut

Well that's an insult to scum suckers!

More seriously, from https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/politics/fl-ne-scott-israel-political-players-20190928-ecxyfcppinhnxdgiosz56mhpga-story.html :

I don't live in FL and don't particularly follow its politics, but I cannot imagine the FL Senate being fricking dumb enough to reinstate an incompetent whose "leadership" cost so many students' lives.

I live here and I fully expect all the rats in the Senate will vote for the Leader of the Cowards of broward co to be reinstated. 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The real insult to the families of those who lost loved ones, were wounded, or otherwise traumatized by the incident would be to reinstate the very people who made it possible.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis