Author Topic: George W. Bush lays wreath at 9/11 Pentagon Memorial  (Read 1938 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: George W. Bush lays wreath at 9/11 Pentagon Memorial
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2019, 01:13:04 am »
I think you're dead wrong about most Americans @musiclady ... And 9/11 proved it.

For 18 years Americans have been sending their loved ones to the same war.  We were ready, willing and able to win that war.  They remain so to this day. You'd do well to stop your blanket condemnation .... "as a whole" does not give you cover for your offensive sanctimony.  You need to think before you post.

The bastards in Washington are the ones who lack the "moral imperative" not only to win but to define the mission and stay true to it.  And this includes St. W, most especially.

Shame on you for so maligning the kids who returned home in a pine box or missing the limbs they left in theater.  Shame on you.

@Right_in_Virginia

In @musiclady 's defense, I don't think she's maligning anyone that got off their asses and got involved.

She's saying that it's a different world we live in today, compared to when those buildings collapsed.  Americans have become only 'Keyboard Warriors' and are certainly apathetic...as a whole.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2019, 01:18:31 am »
Good to see.

I know others here despise him with a deep passion, but I will ALWAYS be thankful that he was our President on 9/11.

ALWAYS.

And because of that I will never have the same disdain for him that others do, even though I disagreed with much that he did (pretty much everything in his second term).

Ducking, covering and preparing for incoming..........    :bolt:

I love President George W. Bush! 

His only fault was that he chose to ignore the media's assault.  Twitter hadn't hatched yet.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2019, 02:24:24 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

In @musiclady 's defense, I don't think she's maligning anyone that got off their asses and got involved.

She's saying that it's a different world we live in today, compared to when those buildings collapsed.  Americans have become only 'Keyboard Warriors' and are certainly apathetic...as a whole.

She's wrong @DCPatriot   Today's Americans are not apathetic .... in 2016 they stood and brought us President Trump with the same commitment to save this country as they had in 2001.  I'd expect you to know this, at least.

I'm sick and tired of the pointy, judgmental fingers flung in the faces of those who are saving this country both at home and abroad, one day at a time --- without fanfare or want of recognition.  And it's personal.  These souls represent the true "on the whole".  If they did not, we would long be Venezuela. 

I am sick and I am tired of reading post after post slamming Americans because they're not living up to someone's expectation of how things ought to be while ignoring how mighty good much of it is.  I am sick and tired of the pronouncements that America is already dead.  And I'm especially sick and tired of our young people reading this from the self-proclaimed "patriotic", "God-knowing" wing of the American population.  It is a contradiction that is becoming almost impossible to explain.

If there are those among us who are so damn disappointed in the quality of person America is turning out I suggest some soul searching would be a better use of time rather than slapping down the overwhelming good among us for a pathetic drive-by attempt at wisdom.

It is enough, DC.  This serves no worthwhile purpose.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 02:52:10 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Applewood

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2019, 02:34:20 am »

His only fault was that he chose to ignore the media's assault.  Twitter hadn't hatched yet.

Maybe President Bush could have dealt better with a rather hateful media and a whole bunch of other critics.  But there are ways of responding  that are better than the constant schoolyard bully approach taken by Trump.

President Reagan handled the critics best I  think.  "There you go again."  Reagan had a way of disarming critics without coming off as mean spirited or whiny like a kid.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2019, 03:09:30 am »
Maybe President Bush could have dealt better with a rather hateful media and a whole bunch of other critics.  But there are ways of responding  that are better than the constant schoolyard bully approach taken by Trump.

President Reagan handled the critics best I  think.  "There you go again."  Reagan had a way of disarming critics without coming off as mean spirited or whiny like a kid.

@Applewood

You begin with a bias of not liking him, so it's going to be difficult to have a conversation here.

Like it or not, Donald Trump has changed politics FOREVER!

For 40 years the GOP has been the white collar business suit, Southern Gentleman wearing a fedora.  Too dignified to punch back.  Too weak to take on the biased media.

The "Aw Shucks" style President Reagan got away with.... worked on Death Valley Days.  Couldn't be effective today.

So, hello Twitter!!

Offline Applewood

« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2019, 09:35:06 am »
@DCPatriot

If you are correct that the classy approach of President Reagan is no longer feasible,  then this country is going to hell in a handbasket.

You say you like Trump's willingness to fight.  I would be fine with it too, except that it seems he is always fighting.  He spends what I think is an unnecessary amount of time fighting.  Some fights just aren't worth it.  There are always going to be contentious people whose sole purpose in life is to bitch and moan about everything.  There are those who will accuse others of all sorts of bad things.  Some want to bait you -- make you say something they can use against you. 

Seems to me Trump allows himself to be baited far too often.  He also spends too much time in fights that really aren't important.   Who really cares what some sports figure or actor says about him?  Trump.shouldn't care either.  And he should know that nothing he says will make a difference to these people.  So why bother?

I've been accused of all sorts of things
 When Obama was in office, I was called a racist and a hater for not worshiping him.  Today I'm accused of all kinds of evil.becsuse I don't like Trump.  I used to try to defend myself, but I've come to the realization that sometimes it's just not worth getting into a spat with some people.

Perhaps Trump should do the same-- be a bit more selective about his battles.  And maybe he should choose his words more carefully.  He can defend himself eloquently and effectively without resorting to childish name calling.

Trump does well delivering prepared speeches, but left to his own advices, he comes off badly..  Maybe he would do well to have a staff embet member prepare his fighting words for him.

Offline verga

« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2019, 11:11:33 am »
Good to see.

I know others here despise him with a deep passion, but I will ALWAYS be thankful that he was our President on 9/11.

ALWAYS.

And because of that I will never have the same disdain for him that others do, even though I disagreed with much that he did (pretty much everything in his second term).

I remember thinking, thank God that Gore didn't win.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2019, 12:33:45 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

Thanks for the defense, @DCPatriot , but I didn’t even see that nonsensical attack because RIV is the only person whom I have on permanent Ignore.

That foolish post is proof of why it’s the right decision.  Any old snarky insult just to pick a fight.

After four years of mindless attacks, it’s just boring.... 

(You remember that my son served two tours in Iraq and was awarded a Bronze Star.  I know all about the bravery of young people). :patriot:

Edited to add:  @Right_in_Virginia ...... I have asked you multiple times, but I'll try once again........... PLEASE.....  PLEASE do not ping me to your insults.  I will never EVER take you off Ignore, and I don't see a single one of them (unless someone else quotes them, and even then I try my best not to read them).  Your efforts to snark your way into a fight with me are futile.  Please save yourself the bother.  Post what you will about me if you still have that need, but don't be so discourteous as to ping me to anything you say.   *****rollingeyes*****

« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 01:13:22 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2019, 12:36:36 pm »

That was a major flaw, alright.

I remember in those early years screaming at the TV, “Defend yourself, man!!”

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2019, 01:08:26 pm »
I remember thinking, thank God that Gore didn't win.

algor would have been in a corner in the fetal position sucking his thumb.  What a disaster that would have been!!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2019, 02:10:25 pm »
Good to see.

ALWAYS.

@musiclady Won't find any criticism from me.  We never worried as soldiers whether he had our back or not.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2019, 02:34:21 pm »
@musiclady Won't find any criticism from me.  We never worried as soldiers whether he had our back or not.

Thank you for that verification, @txradioguy , and thank you for your service.  :patriot:

Every military person I know, and their families all felt the same way about him.  He had your backs.  Always.

« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2019, 06:48:59 pm »
Edited to add:  @Right_in_Virginia ...... I have asked you multiple times, but I'll try once again........... PLEASE.....  PLEASE do not ping me to your insults.  I will never EVER take you off Ignore, and I don't see a single one of them (unless someone else quotes them, and even then I try my best not to read them).  Your efforts to snark your way into a fight with me are futile.  Please save yourself the bother.  Post what you will about me if you still have that need, but don't be so discourteous as to ping me to anything you say.   

Sure, whatever you ask @musiclady  :bighug:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2019, 06:51:47 pm »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2019, 07:01:48 pm »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2019, 07:03:18 pm »
Don't worry.

I didn't see it.  :patriot:

It's why I didn't quote it.   happy77
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2019, 07:04:04 pm »
It's why I didn't quote it.   happy77

Thank you, sir!

You are a scholar and a gentleman!  :beer:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2019, 07:10:58 pm »
Thank you, sir!

You are a scholar and a gentleman!  :beer:

I'm still in a cranky mood.  I had an actual reaction to a flu shot yesterday, and it broke my give-a-crap about silly arguments...

Body aches and chills are over this morning, I still have the Dropsies. :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2019, 07:16:33 pm »
Thanks for the defense, @DCPatriot , but I didn’t even see that nonsensical attack because RIV is the only person whom I have on permanent Ignore.

That foolish post is proof of why it’s the right decision.  Any old snarky insult just to pick a fight.

After four years of mindless attacks, it’s just boring.... 

(You remember that my son served two tours in Iraq and was awarded a Bronze Star.  I know all about the bravery of young people). :patriot:

Edited to add:  @Right_in_Virginia ...... I have asked you multiple times, but I'll try once again........... PLEASE.....  PLEASE do not ping me to your insults.  I will never EVER take you off Ignore, and I don't see a single one of them (unless someone else quotes them, and even then I try my best not to read them).  Your efforts to snark your way into a fight with me are futile.  Please save yourself the bother.  Post what you will about me if you still have that need, but don't be so discourteous as to ping me to anything you say.   *****rollingeyes*****

What you have going on between you in none of my business.   And I'd appreciate it if you'd keep it that way.

I love @Right_in_Virginia  dearly.

Was merely surfing the threads and tripped on my face here.   

Offline musiclady

« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2019, 07:16:37 pm »
I'm still in a cranky mood.  I had an actual reaction to a flu shot yesterday, and it broke my give-a-crap about silly arguments...

Body aches and chills are over this morning, I still have the Dropsies. :shrug:

Sometimes the shot is worse than the disease.

Feel better soon, OK??

(And yes, this silliness is definitely not worth your aggravation when you're feeling low....  )

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2019, 07:20:51 pm »
Sometimes the shot is worse than the disease.

Feel better soon, OK??

(And yes, this silliness is definitely not worth your aggravation when you're feeling low....  )

Doing far better!  Just low-energy.   :shrug: 
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2019, 07:27:18 pm »
I just wish he had rid himself of Karl Rove and Karen Hughes much sooner than he did.  They were a disaster for his domestic policy agenda.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2019, 01:14:31 am »

Offline DCPatriot

Online roamer_1

« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2019, 04:13:53 am »
I had an actual reaction to a flu shot yesterday

@Cyber Liberty
Fire cider. No reaction, and you won't get sick. Just fixin to make a batch up this week coming. All the fixins that I don't have here are on my grocery list for Monday.

Get better.  :beer: