Author Topic: George W. Bush lays wreath at 9/11 Pentagon Memorial  (Read 1937 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
George W. Bush lays wreath at 9/11 Pentagon Memorial
« on: September 11, 2019, 07:20:57 pm »
George W. Bush lays wreath at 9/11 Pentagon Memorial
By Justine Coleman - 09/11/19 03:16 PM EDT

Former President George W. Bush on Wednesday laid a wreath on the 9/11 memorial at the Pentagon.

Bush, who was president during the attacks, placed the wreath at the site where Flight 77 hit the Pentagon, killing 184 people.

The former president was joined by Secretary of Defense Mark Esper and former Secretary of Defense Don Rumsfeld as taps was played. Bush then shook hands and talked with family members and first responders.

"Terrorist attacks can shake the foundations of our biggest buildings, but they cannot touch the foundation of America," Bush said in a post on Facebook.

Earlier Wednesday President Trump commemorated the 18th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks that killed thousands of people and cautioned the Taliban.

“If for any reason they come back to our country, we will go wherever they are and use power the likes of which the United States has never used before — and I’m not talking about nuclear power — they will never have seen anything like what will happen to them,” Trump said.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/460953-george-w-bush-lays-a-wreath-at-the-9-11-pentagon-memorial
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

Re: George W. Bush lays wreath at 9/11 Pentagon Memorial
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 07:46:57 pm »
Good to see.

I know others here despise him with a deep passion, but I will ALWAYS be thankful that he was our President on 9/11.

ALWAYS.

And because of that I will never have the same disdain for him that others do, even though I disagreed with much that he did (pretty much everything in his second term).

Ducking, covering and preparing for incoming..........    :bolt:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 07:55:24 pm »
Good to see.

I know others here despise him with a deep passion, but I will ALWAYS be thankful that he was our President on 9/11.

ALWAYS.

And because of that I will never have the same disdain for him that others do, even though I disagreed with much that he did (pretty much everything in his second term).

I feel the same way...we trusted him with our sons and husband lives..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 07:59:58 pm »
Hope Sneakypete takes the high road....
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2019, 08:11:53 pm »
Hope Sneakypete takes the high road....

:mauslaff:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline berdie

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2019, 08:29:59 pm »
Good to see.

ALWAYS.

I agree with every word you said.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2019, 08:33:21 pm »
Did 43 utter the word "Islam" in his speech, or did he spend the time assuring us that we're dealing with a Religion of Peace, like he did 18 years ago?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2019, 08:53:15 pm »
I feel the same way...we trusted him with our sons and husband lives..

And he lived up to that trust.  My son respects him still.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2019, 08:54:34 pm »

I agree with every word you said.

Thanks.

I think probably more of us do than are often willing to say.......

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2019, 08:56:27 pm »
GW Bush responded well to 9-11-2001. but got distracted by Iraq,

and by the end of his term, both wars were not resolved.

By the end of his tenure, I was disappointed. Following the weak GOP's  offerings with McCain and Romney, I wasn't optimistic at all.

Donald Trump was a breath of fresh air, by contrast.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2019, 08:58:04 pm »
Did 43 utter the word "Islam" in his speech, or did he spend the time assuring us that we're dealing with a Religion of Peace, like he did 18 years ago?

Oh, come on.  That doesn't characterize his response to the attack.  You may strongly disagree, but I believe it kept things from blowing up even further by calming the Muslim community.   Maybe not, but that's not something either of us will ever know.

America was strong and (mostly) united on 9/12.

I'd give a lot to have some of that patriotism........ genuine patriotism............ back again.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2019, 09:05:56 pm »
Oh, come on.  That doesn't characterize his response to the attack.  You may strongly disagree, but I believe it kept things from blowing up even further by calming the Muslim community.   Maybe not, but that's not something either of us will ever know.

America was strong and (mostly) united on 9/12.

I'd give a lot to have some of that patriotism........ genuine patriotism............ back again.

It faded too quickly.  Now, 9-11 is a day, and tomorrow it will be back to chipping away at America as if 9-11 never happened.  I am sorry, but I'm discouraged.
I will NOT comply.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2019, 09:21:47 pm »
I lost my faith in the national government when our borders weren't hermetically sealed as of 9-12-2001. Then Paulson talking Bush into the bailout soured me permanently on GWB, a man I marched for at the governor's mansion in Austin during the attempted theft of the 2000 election.

Still, it was much better that he was POTUS on 911 rather than Algore.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline berdie

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2019, 09:27:37 pm »
It faded too quickly.  Now, 9-11 is a day, and tomorrow it will be back to chipping away at America as if 9-11 never happened.  I am sorry, but I'm discouraged.

I'm discouraged as well.

I really think GW made the statement about "Religion of Peace" to calm everybody down.  In my part of the world folks were attacking people who weren't Muslim, but looked like they were. Don't know about anywhere else. But that is (IMHO) why he said that. Sort of like when he said "Go out and shop". Again, I don't know what anyone else did, but folks in my world (including myself) went home from work to watch the news coverage. Cratering the economy wouldn't have been a good thing.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

Did he do some koo-koo things? Yep.  But he did good during 9/11.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2019, 09:43:21 pm »

Oh, I know that.  It began to disintegrate as soon as the Dems realized that they had forgotten themselves and said nice things about America.

Then 9-11 turned into flab when Obama called it a "Day of Service."

Now the divide in the country is too deep, IMO to repair.

I'm not only discouraged, but I don't think the mess we're in can be fixed.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2019, 09:45:00 pm »

I'm discouraged as well.

I really think GW made the statement about "Religion of Peace" to calm everybody down.
  In my part of the world folks were attacking people who weren't Muslim, but looked like they were. Don't know about anywhere else. But that is (IMHO) why he said that. Sort of like when he said "Go out and shop". Again, I don't know what anyone else did, but folks in my world (including myself) went home from work to watch the news coverage. Cratering the economy wouldn't have been a good thing.

Indeed he did want us to "calm down," and we did, losing the moral imperative to stop these animals.  The opportunity is now forfeit, thanks largely to the phrase, "Islam is a religion of peace."  That was a lie, is still a lie, and is our undoing.
I will NOT comply.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2019, 09:46:59 pm »

I'm discouraged as well.

I really think GW made the statement about "Religion of Peace" to calm everybody down.  In my part of the world folks were attacking people who weren't Muslim, but looked like they were. Don't know about anywhere else. But that is (IMHO) why he said that. Sort of like when he said "Go out and shop". Again, I don't know what anyone else did, but folks in my world (including myself) went home from work to watch the news coverage. Cratering the economy wouldn't have been a good thing.

And I agree with this as well.

Keeping America functioning after that malicious, evil attack on everything we stand for was enough for me to say as well, he did good.

Our economy came back much more quickly than I think most people expected it would.  Americans were very, very afraid, and he calmed things down.  And you're right.  People who were not Muslims were indeed attacked after 9-11 because of some (blind, in that case) rage.

And for a few days, before the Dems woke up and realized they couldn't be patriotic, we were united as Americans.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2019, 09:52:26 pm »
Indeed he did want us to "calm down," and we did, losing the moral imperative to stop these animals.  The opportunity is now forfeit, thanks largely to the phrase, "Islam is a religion of peace."  That was a lie, is still a lie, and is our undoing.

I don't agree. Armed conflicts in the streets and attacks on Muslims who had nothing to do with 9-11 would have been a bad thing for the country.

I know and you know that Islam, in it's very essence is violent and anti-freedom, but...... and I may be castigated for even suggesting this on this forum....... people who had nothing to do with the attack should not have been targeted, whether they were Muslim or Sikh, or whatever.

We would have lost even more people if things hadn't calmed down at the moment.

I frankly don't think that most Americans have the "moral imperative" to win any war any more.  We are a flabby, lazy, apathetic people, as a whole.

I put that directly on the shoulders of academia, Hollywood, the leftist media, and jokers like Obama.

Not Bush.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2019, 09:53:49 pm »
And I agree with this as well.

Keeping America functioning after that malicious, evil attack on everything we stand for was enough for me to say as well, he did good.

Our economy came back much more quickly than I think most people expected it would.  Americans were very, very afraid, and he calmed things down.  And you're right.  People who were not Muslims were indeed attacked after 9-11 because of some (blind, in that case) rage.

And for a few days, before the Dems woke up and realized they couldn't be patriotic, we were united as Americans.

A lost opportunity, and in the very first year of a new Millennium.  :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Offline berdie

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2019, 10:09:53 pm »
I don't agree. Armed conflicts in the streets and attacks on Muslims who had nothing to do with 9-11 would have been a bad thing for the country.

I know and you know that Islam, in it's very essence is violent and anti-freedom, but...... and I may be castigated for even suggesting this on this forum....... people who had nothing to do with the attack should not have been targeted, whether they were Muslim or Sikh, or whatever.

I frankly don't think that most Americans have the "moral imperative" to win any war any more.  We are a flabby, lazy, apathetic people, as a whole.

I put that directly on the shoulders of academia, Hollywood, the leftist media, and jokers like Obama.

Not Bush.

goopo

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2019, 10:22:57 pm »

I think you're dead wrong about most Americans @musiclady ... And 9/11 proved it.

For 18 years Americans have been sending their loved ones to the same war.  We were ready, willing and able to win that war.  They remain so to this day. You'd do well to stop your blanket condemnation .... "as a whole" does not give you cover for your offensive sanctimony.  You need to think before you post.

The bastards in Washington are the ones who lack the "moral imperative" not only to win but to define the mission and stay true to it.  And this includes St. W, most especially.

Shame on you for so maligning the kids who returned home in a pine box or missing the limbs they left in theater.  Shame on you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2019, 10:35:30 pm »

Not Bush.

I can agree with what you say here.  Not Bush's Fault, although I wish he had not done such a great job of "calming the people down."  I was expecting an FDR style of "Day of infamy" speech, followed by swift Congressional approval to stomp the Taliban.  Instead, we got a Vietnam-style "Measured response," which has yielded the expected results.  Assigning blame is akin to pinning the tail on the donkey.

Do I want innocents shot in the streets?  Heck no, I would lose some real friends in such a pogrom.  We took the other extreme inatead and we didn't even get a t-shirt.  We have a few thousand dead troops in Afghan and nothing to show for it, while we beat the Hell out of each other because we didn't elect a perfect man President to clean up Obama's mess.

Today is my "I freakin' give up day."  Maybe I'll be in a better mood tomorrow.
I will NOT comply.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2019, 10:56:03 pm »
I can agree with what you say here.  Not Bush's Fault, although I wish he had not done such a great job of "calming the people down."  I was expecting an FDR style of "Day of infamy" speech, followed by swift Congressional approval to stomp the Taliban.  Instead, we got a Vietnam-style "Measured response," which has yielded the expected results.  Assigning blame is akin to pinning the tail on the donkey.

Do I want innocents shot in the streets?  Heck no, I would lose some real friends in such a pogrom.  We took the other extreme inatead and we didn't even get a t-shirt.  We have a few thousand dead troops in Afghan and nothing to show for it, while we beat the Hell out of each other because we didn't elect a perfect man President to clean up Obama's mess.

Today is my "I freakin' give up day."  Maybe I'll be in a better mood tomorrow.

I hope so!  The despondence seems to come and go........... at least with me.

My sense is that things will only get better with some serious repentance and begging for forgiveness on the part of a lot of Americans, in a spiritual awakening of the kind that happened during the Civil War.

But this is not the time nor the place to discuss any of that, is it?  happy77

Feel better.  God is still in control!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2019, 12:53:07 am »
Good to see.

ALWAYS.

I agree.

Offline musiclady