Author Topic: Three Bolton aides resign from Trump White House after his exit: report  (Read 411 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Three Bolton aides resign from Trump White House after his exit: report
By Aris Folley - 09/11/19 01:51 PM EDT

Three aides to national security adviser John Bolton are resigning from the White House a day after news broke of Bolton's high-profile departure from the Trump administration, Reuters reported.

According to the news agency, the White House received resignations on Wednesday from the trio of staffers, who have reportedly worked with Bolton for years: Bolton’s former spokesman, Garrett Marquis; his former communications director, Sarah Tinsley; and Christine Samuelian, who served as Bolton’s scheduler.

Marquis said in a statement obtained by Reuters Wednesday that “it was an honor to serve my country, and I wish the president and the administration success moving forward.”

The Hill has not yet confirmed the departures with the White House.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/460927-three-bolton-aides-resign-from-trump-white-house-after-his-exit
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline berdie

Re: Three Bolton aides resign from Trump White House after his exit: report
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 08:51:44 pm »
I've always heard there is no loyalty in D.C.  That could be wrong.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 09:46:24 pm »
Trump soon come to regret getting rid of Boulton very much even if he never publicly admits it.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 09:50:50 pm »
It kind of makes sense that if your boss leaves his position, that his staff would too.  Though, I'd like to see if this is indeed the case when a cabinet member leaves office.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2019, 10:53:53 pm »
Trump soon come to regret getting rid of Boulton very much even if he never publicly admits it.

No he will not.   *****rollingeyes*****

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2019, 10:56:18 pm »
According to the news agency, the White House received resignations on Wednesday from the trio of staffers, who have reportedly worked with Bolton for years: Bolton’s former spokesman, Garrett Marquis; his former communications director, Sarah Tinsley; and Christine Samuelian, who served as Bolton’s scheduler.

In the private sector this would be expected.  Only for swamp things is it newsworthy.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2019, 11:00:19 pm »
No he will not.   *****rollingeyes*****

You can roll your eyes all you like but it won't change a thing!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2019, 11:03:02 pm »
Three Bolton aides resign

What took them so long?  Had to punch up their resume's?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2019, 11:12:29 pm »
You can roll your eyes all you like but it won't change a thing!

I agree.  But I thought the eye roll was more respectful than the happy dance gif. 

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2019, 02:06:50 am »
Everyone thought it was over the Taliban meeting.  But this says Trump is considering easing the sanctions on Iran.  He wants to meet with the Iranian president during the UN General Assembly.

So I think Ted Cruz is right.  Secondly Trump did say he was going to meet with Taliban but won't now.  It sure would have been a smack in the face of Americans to meet with them on the anniversary of 9/11.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/trump-discussed-easing-iran-sanctions-prompting-bolton-pushback/ar-AAH82b9?ocid=spartanntp
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.