Author Topic: Butter Cake  (Read 920 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Butter Cake
« on: September 11, 2019, 04:17:24 pm »
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/7460/butter-cake/

Making a Butter Cake now. The thing about a butter cake is that it is very much like a blank canvas. It is essentially just a plain flour cake flavored with butter. So, you can do anything with it. Add berries of your choice. Some people add chocolate. Some vanilla. I added honey and a single brown banana I had left over. So I have a butter-honey-banana cake.

You can frost it, or caramelize white or brown sugar on top. Leave it unfrosted and simply sprinkle confectioners' sugar on top or sprinkles. Basically anything will do. You really can't go wrong. It's all a matter of preference.

A butter cake is frustrating in that way. It is just so wide open, it is always difficult to decide which way go with it.

I have Cream Cheese Frosting which I plan to use on it, which I may garnish with flaked toasted coconut. But the coconut may overload the flavors, so I'm still debating that. Then I would have a Butter-Honey-Banana-Cream Cheese and coconut cake. That may be what is called over-spicing. Where you throw so much stuff into the dish, it is just too much and overloads it. Too many cooks spoil the soup.

I may put coconut on only a part of the cake and taste it first. Anyway, that is my day so far.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 04:25:10 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Butter Cake
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2019, 04:50:29 pm »
It turned out fantastically, as I suspected it would. I did try it with the coconut. It was a very unique flavor. Like nothing I have ever tasted before. The coconut does give it a zing, as I suspected it would, but so many flavors at once was a little hard to decipher. While all the flavors complemented each other, the cake, banana, butter, honey, cream cheese frosting, the coconut really took the whole thing out of orbit.

I would recommend the coconut, if you like it. But only sparingly as a garnish. Not really as an actual ingredient.

Today I'm working on cheese stuffed cornbread.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.