Author Topic: Republican pulls off critical win in North Carolina  (Read 401 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republican pulls off critical win in North Carolina
« on: September 11, 2019, 12:34:38 pm »
Republican pulls off critical win in North Carolina
By Max Greenwood - 09/10/19 10:16 PM EDT

CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Republican Dan Bishop edged out Democrat Dan McCready in the special election on Tuesday to represent North Carolina’s 9th Congressional District, narrowly holding on to a House seat that has been in the GOP’s hands for nearly 60 years.

With 99 percent of precincts reporting, Bishop led McCready nearly 4,000 votes, or a little over 2 percent of ballots cast – a large enough margin to avoid the possibility of a recount.

Bishop’s win brings to an end a political saga in the 9th District that has spanned more than two years.

A regularly scheduled election in the district last year showed then-Republican candidate Mark Harris leading McCready by a scant 905 votes. But state officials scrapped the results of that race earlier this year after uncovering a massive ballot fraud scheme allegedly operated by a contractor for Harris’s campaign.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/460794-republican-pulls-off-critical-win-in-north-carolina-special-election
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Republican pulls off critical win in North Carolina
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 12:36:56 pm »
THIS IS HUUUUGE! TREMENDOUS! BEST ELECTION EVER!
AND TRUMP IS ALREADY TAKING CREDIT FOR THE WHOLE THING! LOL!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 12:45:50 pm »

It is good news, yes.

But I do like the way you paired the tone of your post with the all-caps font.  Well done.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 02:16:47 pm »
The slim margin is worrisome, though on the plus side it's larger than the tainted 2018 results...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2019, 03:49:49 pm »

Yeah!   888mouth
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2019, 04:29:05 pm »
The Dems are trying to spin this as a win.

Considering they put up a golden boy, spent a boatload of cash, in a special election stemming from fraud by the previous Rep candidate, and the replacing Rep was a recycled establishment guy, they came up short.

They can put on a good face for the public, but they are definitely reeling today about their '20 chances.
The Republic is lost.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2019, 05:14:36 pm »
The Dems are trying to spin this as a win.

Considering they put up a golden boy, spent a boatload of cash, in a special election stemming from fraud by the previous Rep candidate, and the replacing Rep was a recycled establishment guy, they came up short.

They can put on a good face for the public, but they are definitely reeling today about their '20 chances.
Jon Ossoff/Beto O'Rourke all over again.

The Democrats dump huge amounts of money into unwinnable races, lose those races by somewhat narrower than expected margins and claim it as a moral victory.

Which makes me even angrier at Roy Moore for blowing it in Alabama.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2019, 05:22:17 pm »
Jon Ossoff/Beto O'Rourke all over again.

The Democrats dump huge amounts of money into unwinnable races, lose those races by somewhat narrower than expected margins and claim it as a moral victory.

Your anger is sorely misdirected!  It SHOULD be directed at the swamp dwellers in Washington instead of where it currently is.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2019, 05:27:51 pm »
The slim margin is worrisome, though on the plus side it's larger than the tainted 2018 results...

1. While the guy who did the ballot fraud was not part of the local R Party structure, I'm sure it did not help the R brand in the district.

2. The Dem who ran was one of the victims of the fraud - a sympathetic position - and was nowhere near the kind of crazy that define pretty much all Den candidates for President.

3. The Dems well outspent the Rs.

Throw that all together, I do not think Trump is in trouble in that district.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2019, 05:50:37 pm »
2. The Dem who ran was one of the victims of the fraud - a sympathetic position - and was nowhere near the kind of crazy that define pretty much all Den candidates for President.

Great point. Should have had high name recognition and sympathy from the recent election, enough to sway some Indies.

And Dems of late have turned out their rabid base in special elections.

All that will not be lost on the DNC strategists whether they admit it or not.

The Republic is lost.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2019, 06:10:27 pm »
...rabid base ...

That seems a little bit redundant and repetitive, but I take your point.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2019, 06:12:41 pm »

Considering what was thrown at Roy it is a wonder it was even close. At least Jesus  had a few folks that rooted for them against Barabbas. Kavanaugh thankfully had folks that questioned and dared probe for a shred of proof before throwing him under the bus.

$8 million is the amount of money the Senate Leadership Fund — a super PAC aligned with Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) — spent during the GOP primary and primary runoff elections in Alabama unsuccessfully attempting to boost Sen. Luther Strange.

$0 is the amount of money the Senate Leadership Fund has spent boosting Republican Roy Moore after Moore bested Strange in the GOP primary runoff election.

Seem the more milquetoast a candidate is on moral principles the more likely political friends are willing to stand by them. More to lose with someone that stands on the rock. Further to fall, and afraid they will drag them down with them. Perhaps a Jimmy Baker syndrome... Job placed in the political realm with the devil at the wheel...

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 06:31:33 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2019, 07:00:26 pm »
The loss of minority voters seen here for the Dems should be what's more worrisome for the Dems.  Without them, they have almost nothing.

Why NC-9 Should Frighten the Democrats: Minority voters are starting to walk away.

https://spectator.org/why-nc-9-should-frighten-the-democrats/
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington