Author Topic: Ted Cruz: John Bolton ouster may signal 'deep state forces' winning fight to salvage Obama Iran deal  (Read 2274 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ted Cruz: John Bolton ouster may signal 'deep state forces' winning fight to salvage Obama Iran deal
by Daniel Chaitin
 | September 10, 2019 06:57 PM

Sen. Ted Cruz openly speculated that "deep state forces" may have influenced President Trump's decision to force out national security adviser John Bolton.

Bolton, a foreign policy hawk, was a key figure behind Trump's decision to pull out of the Iran nuclear deal. In a flurry of tweets Tuesday, Cruz wondered if Bolton's exit signals Trump has been convinced to go "soft" on Iran.

"I sincerely hope his leaving the White House does not mean that the deep-state forces at State and Treasury—who have been fighting tooth and nail to preserve the Obama Iran nuclear deal—have finally convinced the president to go soft on Iran," the Texas Republican said.

"Relaxing the maximum pressure strategy, which is succeeding in dramatically weakening the world’s leading state sponsor of terror, would be an enormous mistake," he added.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/ted-cruz-john-bolton-ouster-may-signal-deep-state-forces-winning-fight-to-salvage-obama-iran-deal
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Ted Cruz: John Bolton ouster may signal 'deep state forces' winning fight to salvage Obama Iran deal
by Daniel Chaitin
 | September 10, 2019 06:57 PM

Sen. Ted Cruz openly speculated that "deep state forces" may have influenced President Trump's decision to force out national security adviser John Bolton.

Bolton, a foreign policy hawk, was a key figure behind Trump's decision to pull out of the Iran nuclear deal. In a flurry of tweets Tuesday, Cruz wondered if Bolton's exit signals Trump has been convinced to go "soft" on Iran.

"I sincerely hope his leaving the White House does not mean that the deep-state forces at State and Treasury—who have been fighting tooth and nail to preserve the Obama Iran nuclear deal—have finally convinced the president to go soft on Iran," the Texas Republican said.

"Relaxing the maximum pressure strategy, which is succeeding in dramatically weakening the world’s leading state sponsor of terror, would be an enormous mistake," he added.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/ted-cruz-john-bolton-ouster-may-signal-deep-state-forces-winning-fight-to-salvage-obama-iran-deal

Cruz has a point and he is once again probably correct.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

OK. I am done. No more Cruz for me.
Anyone who utters 'Deep State' is utterly off my list.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Ted Cruz is 100% correct here but I hope the deep state does not win in the end.  Not looking good for my side at present.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

I just uttered that @roamer_1! What would you prefer us to call the unelected and completely unaccountable beauracy in Washington?

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline corbe

I smell a rat
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

I just uttered that @roamer_1! What would you prefer us to call the unelected and completely unaccountable beauracy in Washington?

You mean the bureaucracy that is 100% controlled by Tump? Who runs the Foreign Policy office? The Administration. Who runs the LEO offices like HLS and FBI? The Administration.

Next.

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.

Was there a deep state before Trump took office?
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline corbe

Was there a deep state before Trump took office?

Yes, @FeelNoPain except we called it Government.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

I smell a rat

Absolutely.  Trump needs to show his Princess and her Creepy Herman the door.

(Btw love your new avatar)
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
You mean the bureaucracy that is 100% controlled by Tump? Who runs the Foreign Policy office? The Administration. Who runs the LEO offices like HLS and FBI? The Administration.

Next.

No!  Decidedly NOT controlled by Trump or any other president for that matter and that has been the case for far too long.   Since Woodrow  Wilson at least!  Presidents get to appoint a few people at the top of agencies and those people ultimately have little to no control over the people with GS numbers who allegedly work for them.  "I'll still be here when you are long gone Mr. Secretary" is a mantra too often heard in Washington these days.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 12:08:32 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
This potentially could become a linchpin event that sees someone entering the race against Trump, a big name.

And, I thought for a moment, I saw something about Carly Fiorina entering the race That was posted here, wasn't it??

I just did a search and found 2 articles on her today, NRO and National Interest:

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/failed-2016-candidate-carly-fiorina-never-trumper-79366

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/should-we-read-anything-into-carly-fiorinas-tweets/

Someone did post something on her today? Didn't they? About her possibly running so I'll probably hold off on these for now.

Offline corbe

I posted a poll earlier today @TomSea

Will Carly Fiorina run for President 2020?

http://216.224.171.220/index.php?topic=375041.0

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten

I think this is a genius tactical move by Cruz.  He associates Trump himself with the very swamp he's supposed to be draining, while blaming that swamp, rather than Trump's mercurial narcissism, for yet another revolving-door exit of "only the best people."
James 1:20

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

I am confused.  I don't think Cruz wants that.  I think he is worried that the President is heading in that direction.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
This potentially could become a linchpin event that sees someone entering the race against Trump, a big name.

And, I thought for a moment, I saw something about Carly Fiorina entering the race That was posted here, wasn't it??

I just did a search and found 2 articles on her today, NRO and National Interest:

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/failed-2016-candidate-carly-fiorina-never-trumper-79366

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/should-we-read-anything-into-carly-fiorinas-tweets/

Someone did post something on her today? Didn't they? About her possibly running so I'll probably hold off on these for now.

Fiorina against that witch Warren.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

This speculation from Cruz surprises me.  If there's one thing President Trump is not going to do is reenter the Iran "deal".

If anything, what the President has done is broken the unholy alliance building between Bolton --- acting above his pay grade --- and Netanyahu who lately have teamed up supporting action against Iran.  The actions taken by POTUS may well have prevented us from getting sucked into another vortex costing American blood and treasure in the Middle East.

With his decision, POTUS has also shut off a foghorn coming from his administration insisting we must stay in Afghanistan for another 18 years because ... well, it's what we do.

What surprises me is Cruz seems to be out of the loop.   :shrug:

What would he or she run on .... war with Iran and war in Afghanistan into perpetuity?

Offline corbe

Just cause the West Wing gave Cruz his balls back 6 months ago doesn't necessarily mean he's in the 'proverbial' loop. 

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
This speculation from Cruz surprises me.  If there's one thing President Trump is not going to do is reenter the Iran "deal".

If anything, what the President has done is broken the unholy alliance building between Bolton --- acting above his pay grade --- and Netanyahu who lately have teamed up supporting action against Iran.  The actions taken by POTUS may well have prevented us from getting sucked into another vortex costing American blood and treasure in the Middle East.

With his decision, POTUS has also shut off a foghorn coming from his administration insisting we must stay in Afghanistan for another 18 years because ... well, it's what we do.

What surprises me is Cruz seems to be out of the loop.   :shrug:

I'm sure you don't understand what Cruz is talking about here.   He is not talking about anything the president might do and is talking about what the deep state is actively doing.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
No!  Decidedly NOT controlled by Trump or any other president for that matter and that has been the case for far too long.   Since Woodrow  Wilson at least!  Presidents get to appoint a few people at the top of agencies and those people ultimately have little to no control over the people with GS numbers who allegedly work for them.  "I'll still be here when you are long gone Mr. Secretary" is a mantra too often heard in Washington these days.

Agreed, @Bigun, and it's shocking naiveté to not recognize the existence of the deep state.

I'm sure you don't understand what Cruz is talking about here.   He is not talking about anything the president might do and is talking about what the deep state is actively doing.

I do get that @Bigun   But this is one of the areas where the deep state needs the POTUS..... and it doesn't have him.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I do get that @Bigun   But this is one of the areas where the deep state needs the POTUS..... and it doesn't have him.

I think it's the exact opposite @Right_in_Virginia.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Agreed, @Bigun, and it's shocking naiveté to not recognize the existence of the deep state.

Absolutely!   They are a much bigger problem than those who hold elective office IMHO.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Not surprising here, where the driving force is whatever ideas can be construed to have an anti-Trump angle.

I remember my father, talking about career, non-political appointees, in government.

One his personal friends was Howard Jarvis, of Prop 13 note.

A group of them had been with Reagan, since his Governor days.

The point was, when a President took office, his power was limited to a relatively small number of "Political" appointees.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln