Author Topic: Ted Cruz: John Bolton ouster may signal 'deep state forces' winning fight to salvage Obama Iran deal  (Read 2316 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
:yowsa:   888high58888 Trump has done a lot of things I like and agree with but IMHO he screwed the pooch when he let Boulton go.

And we're already seeing the results of it.  Rand Paul is taking a victory lap about the Bolton firing...something IMHO he helped orchestrate behind behind the scenes.  There was something in the news yesterday floated about a bailout for Iran and you've got Pompeo talking about Trump meeting with Iranian President Rouhani with "no conditions".

We're now legitimizing terrorist organizations and known state sponsors of terrorism when we do things like this.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Get back to me when either of those countries are labeled Terrorist sponsoring nations in the same way Iran has been so labeled.

Your attempt to justify sitting down with terrorists...whether it's the mad Mullahs in Iran or the Taliban as being the same as meeting with China or Russia falls woefully short.  And I hope most here see it for what it is.

Not to mention the reasons for meeting with them were completely different than what Trump is trying to do.
If you expect me to buy the idea, that China and the USSR were not as dangerous THEN, as Iran is now, you really insult my intelligence.

It was by bold moves by Reagan, going against his advisors, that turned  down nuclear risks between the two superpowers.

"Mr. Gorbachev, Tear Down this Wall."
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
If you expect me to buy the idea, that China and the USSR were not as dangerous THEN, as Iran is now, you really insult my intelligence.

Then consider your intelligence insulted because China was nothing but a paper tiger in those days anywhere outside it's own borders and that remains true today despite all the help Bill Clinton provided them for campaign $$$.

It was by bold moves by Reagan, going against his advisors, that tuned down nuclear risks between the two superpowers.

That part I agree with!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

It was by bold moves by Reagan, going against his advisors, that turned  down nuclear risks between the two superpowers.

You know this is an apples and oranges comparison.  If you weren’t so busy White Knighting for Trump on this you'd  see that.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline truth_seeker

Then consider your intelligence insulted because China was nothing but a paper tiger in those days
That part I agree with!

China and the USSR, were the "paper tigers," behind the Korean and Vietnam wars.

Nixon and Reagan knew that, even if you missed it.

Offline jpsb

Where does Ted get these crazy ideas? Bolton is a Bushie neocon, Bushie neocons have turned the Middle East and North Africa into an
unmitigated disaster for the USA. Never ever listen to a Bushie neocon about anything, especially when it comes to foreign policy. Pardon
Gen Flynn and give him Bolton's job.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Where does Ted get these crazy ideas? Bolton is a Bushie neocon, Bushie neocons have turned the Middle East and North Africa into an
unmitigated disaster for the USA. Never ever listen to a Bushie neocon about anything, especially when it comes to foreign policy. Pardon
Gen Flynn and give him Bolton's job.

The only crazy idea around here is that one that posits that there will EVER be any peace again in the Middle East with the mullahs running Iran!  That is a FACT and John Boulton knows it and would not back off it.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jpsb

The only crazy idea around here is that one that posits that there will EVER be any peace again in the Middle East with the mullahs running Iran!  That is a FACT and John Boulton knows it and would not back off it.

Saddam was in a no fly box, why take him out? Gaddafi was reformed why take him out? Noecons are
warmongers. The time to deal with Iran was in 1979, I was ready to reenlist for just that purpose. The entire
country would have supported a war with Iran. Now it's too late, get our troops out and let them murder one
another. I know why we have to keep troops in Afganistain, but Iraq can go screw them itself. Dido the Saudis

Offline truth_seeker

You know this is an apples and oranges comparison.  If you weren’t so busy White Knighting for Trump on this you'd  see that.
If you were a bit older, you would grasp how big a deal the Cold War, was.

School kids ducked under desks for years, concerned over nuke bombs. My town had a Nike base nearby, which Scout groups visited.

I served in Germany during it.
 I wrote a graduate paper, on the eonomy of West and East Germany.

I remember how moved I was when the Wall came down.