Author Topic: Flynn lawyers claim DOJ withheld evidence to force guilty plea  (Read 447 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Flynn lawyers claim DOJ withheld evidence to force guilty plea
« on: September 10, 2019, 10:54:32 pm »
Flynn lawyers claim DOJ withheld evidence to force guilty plea
by Jerry Dunleavy
 | September 10, 2019 05:51 PM

Mike Flynn's attorneys said the government is hiding evidence that could help President Trump's former national security adviser.

Sidney Powell, the head of Flynn’s new legal team, claimed in court Tuesday the Justice Department withheld evidence related to Andrew McCabe, Peter Strzok, Lisa Page, James Comey, Flynn’s FBI interview notes, and more.

“There never would’ve been a plea to begin with” if Flynn knew how much information DOJ was hiding, Powell said. Flynn pleaded guilty in 2017 for lying to investigators about conversations with the Russian ambassador.

Judge Emmet G. Sullivan, who is presiding over the case, gave Powell an unusual amount of leeway as she argued the government withheld information from her client to pressure him into accepting a guilty plea, which he never would’ve done had he been aware of all the facts. Flynn's sentencing has been delayed for a year as he cooperated with the government.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/flynn-lawyers-claim-doj-withheld-evidence-to-force-guilty-plea
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Flynn lawyers claim DOJ withheld evidence to force guilty plea
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 12:17:27 am »
Ms Powell is correct, and I hope Sullivan agrees.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Flynn lawyers claim DOJ withheld evidence to force guilty plea
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 12:20:48 am »
She  (Powell) is 100% correct and I have no doubt that Judge Sullivan knows it.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien