Author Topic: Trump will determine fate of gun control legislation  (Read 582 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump will determine fate of gun control legislation
« on: September 10, 2019, 10:09:40 pm »
by Susan Ferrechio
 | September 10, 2019 04:46 PM

The Senate won’t act on gun control until President Trump pitches a proposal to Congress that he’ll agree to sign into law, Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Tuesday after the two parties took swipes at each other over the issue.

A top Trump administration official informed Senate lawmakers in a closed-door briefing Tuesday the White House will be sending a measure to Congress in the coming days, but nobody knows what it will look like.

Trump has signaled support for expanding background checks as well as “red flag” laws that would allow law enforcement to seize guns from individuals deemed dangerous to themselves or others.

“They are working on a proposal the president will sign,” McConnell said. “Until that happens, all of this is theatrics.”

The Kentucky Republican plans to meet with Trump Tuesday afternoon for a regularly scheduled post-recess talk on the agenda and gun control will be part of those discussions.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/congress/trump-will-determine-fate-of-gun-control-legislation
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: Trump will determine fate of gun control legislation
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 10:15:55 pm »
by Susan Ferrechio

The Senate won’t act on gun control until President Trump pitches a proposal to Congress that he’ll agree to sign into law, Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Tuesday after the two parties took swipes at each other over the issue.

A top Trump administration official informed Senate lawmakers in a closed-door briefing Tuesday the White House will be sending a measure to Congress in the coming days, but nobody knows what it will look like.

Trump has signaled support for expanding background checks as well as “red flag” laws that would allow law enforcement to seize guns from individuals deemed dangerous to themselves or others.

“They are working on a proposal the president will sign,” McConnell said. “Until that happens, all of this is theatrics.”

The Kentucky Republican plans to meet with Trump Tuesday afternoon for a regularly scheduled post-recess talk on the agenda and gun control will be part of those discussions.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/congress/trump-will-determine-fate-of-gun-control-legislation

IF he indeed signs a bill with red flag laws or any bill similar that seizes/confiscates guns his presidency is over period.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 01:16:27 am »

IF he indeed signs a bill with red flag laws or any bill similar that seizes/confiscates guns his presidency is over period.

I read that Trump wants to monitor cell phones of mentally ill.  The liberals think we are all mentally ill.  If he is thinking that he deserves impeachment.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/mental-health/460556-trump-administration-considers-monitoring-people-with-mental
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 01:24:28 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 01:17:56 am »

I agree with that 100%.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2019, 02:17:34 am »
I agree with that 100%.

I shutter to think the damage he could do in another 4 years.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2019, 03:37:42 am »
And sad to say but if they allow them to monitor people's cells it will be the ones that Served in the military that will suffer the most.  That will loose their right to privacy because they are labeled with PTSD.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2019, 04:27:45 am »
The 6 Constitutional Violations of Red Flag Laws

Let's take a moment to discuss the Constitutionality of Red Flag Laws here in the United States and why they are very dangerous to our Liberties and Freedoms.

Many people when arguing against Red Flag Laws, will argue solely on the premise of the Second Amendment, and some will include the Fourth Amendment in their argument. However, these are not the only two violations against the Constitution with Red Flag Laws.

Here is a list of all of the violations:
Second Amendment
Fourth Amendment
Fifth Amendment
Sixth Amendment
Seventh Amendment
Fourteenth Amendment...……….

https://www.thelibertyden.com/single-post/2019/04/01/Red-Flag-Laws

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2019, 12:37:27 pm »
I shutter to think the damage he could do in another 4 years.

Well, therein lies the bigger picture. Provided that he does get re-elected, what incentive does he have to not move more to the left as Jared and Ivanka have led him?   He'll no longer need the approval of his base and he'll no longer have to tell them what they want to hear at his rallies as he'll be able to stop campaigning.  I think we might see a very different and very liberal DJT.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2019, 12:38:21 pm »

Let's take a moment to discuss the Constitutionality of Red Flag Laws here in the United States and why they are very dangerous to our Liberties and Freedoms.

Many people when arguing against Red Flag Laws, will argue solely on the premise of the Second Amendment, and some will include the Fourth Amendment in their argument. However, these are not the only two violations against the Constitution with Red Flag Laws.

Second Amendment
Fourth Amendment
Fifth Amendment
Sixth Amendment
Seventh Amendment
Fourteenth Amendmen
t...……….

:amen:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2019, 12:45:56 pm »

Ah, yes,  the arrogance of the single issue voter.   Well, for those of us who think Trump can't win as it is,  there's no reason not to roll the dice and support sound policy.    There is no reason for any commercial gun transaction to take place without a background check.   And the states should be encouraged to pass red flag laws that contain the sort of due process protections that conservatives demand.

Take a stand, Mr. President, and stick with it.  And for those who will abandon the GOP over this issue,  good luck with President Warren.   

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2019, 01:03:20 pm »
There is no reason for any commercial gun transaction to take place without a background check. 

I have not problem with the background check as it is, except it need to be fixed to include the updates for persons declared not able to purchase firearms quicker.

But the discussions include "Extended Background Checks" that would require my sons or hunting partners to have a background check performed anytime I loan them a firearm. I was at the gun range once and a young shooter on the bench next to me asked me to shoot his rifle as his shoulder was too sore to continue checking the sighting of his scope. Would I be required to have a background check performed before I shot his rifle?

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2019, 02:12:10 pm »
by Susan Ferrechio

more
I'm not going to speculate what Trump will submit, if anything.  Shoot, we're still waiting for the bigger and better healthcare plan from them as well.

I reckon nothing gets done here.
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2019, 02:18:43 pm »

Second Amendment
Fourth Amendment
Fifth Amendment
Sixth Amendment
Seventh Amendment
Fourteenth Amendment...……….

I don't think any of those are going to be a problem with a Red Flag law. If executed poorly, of course a situation may arise, but if done properly, the law would be fine.
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2019, 02:24:22 pm »
I don't think any of those are going to be a problem with a Red Flag law. If executed poorly, of course a situation may arise, but if done properly, the law would be fine.

Should have stopped right there!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2019, 02:38:10 pm »
I have not problem with the background check as it is, except it need to be fixed to include the updates for persons declared not able to purchase firearms quicker.

But the discussions include "Extended Background Checks" that would require my sons or hunting partners to have a background check performed anytime I loan them a firearm. I was at the gun range once and a young shooter on the bench next to me asked me to shoot his rifle as his shoulder was too sore to continue checking the sighting of his scope. Would I be required to have a background check performed before I shot his rifle?

That's perfect example of why GOP leadership is important.   A bill backed by Trump could limit background checks to commercial transactions only,  and not address situations like you describe.    A GOP-backed bill on red flag laws would not impose a federal law, but encourage state laws to include robust due process protections.   

There's a reason ObamaCare was so flawed - it was passed without a scintilla of GOP input.   By withdrawing from the responsibility of addressing the issues of the day,  the GOP surrenders its ability to influence policy in a conservative direction.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide