Author Topic: Top Republican breaks with Trump over term limits  (Read 231 times)

Online corbe

Top Republican breaks with Trump over term limits
« on: September 10, 2019, 05:52:51 pm »
Top Republican breaks with Trump over term limits

by Susan Ferrechio

September 10, 2019 01:23 PM

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy said he won’t push to eliminate term limits for committee chairs, despite President Trump’s recent tweet that the practice has encouraged too many GOP retirements lately.

“You can always look at something,” McCarthy of California, said Tuesday when asked about Trump’s suggestion that the GOP drop the term limits. “But, I love the idea of fresh blood.”

Republicans installed a three-term limit on chairmanships and ranking positions when they won the House majority in 1994.

In recent weeks, a wave of GOP lawmakers announced they are retiring, hindering Republican efforts to win back the majority in 2020.

Among those heading for the exits is Reps. Mike Conaway of Texas, who just concluded a six-year term heading the Agriculture Committee, and Rob Bishop of Utah, who is serving his final term as ranking member of the Natural Resources Committee.

“House Republicans should allow Chairs of Committees to remain for longer than 6 years,” Trump tweeted.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/congress/top-republican-breaks-with-trump-over-term-limits
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Top Republican breaks with Trump over term limits
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 08:45:34 pm »
It's McCarthy's choice, not Trump's. :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 01:36:22 am »
They need term limits
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 02:09:30 am »
They need term limits

I think Term Limits have served us well.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2019, 02:46:29 am »
"Time we end high capacity magazine politicians".  "You don't need more than three terms to kill a country".

You go Daniel Horowitz.  He says they are all leftist.  All RINO's retiring.

https://omny.fm/shows/the-conservative-conscience-with-daniel-horowitz-1/ep-488-congress-is-back-what-exactly-is-the-gops-p

14:00 in, but the whole thing is good.

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.