Poll

In your opinion Was Trump's decision to Fire Bolton Good or Bad?

Good
10 (25.6%)
Bad
19 (48.7%)
It's his perogative (Jury still out option)
10 (25.6%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Voting closed: September 15, 2019, 06:33:31 pm

Author Topic: BREAKING...John Bolton Fired!  (Read 5474 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: BREAKING...John Bolton Fired!
« Reply #200 on: September 11, 2019, 04:35:38 pm »

That is a yuge problem.

It's a shame they can't directly quote the President from their meeting.  I'd love to know what specifically was said that led Wilkow to draw that conclusion.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #201 on: September 11, 2019, 05:13:33 pm »
This vet was upset when Bolton was initially chosen, article just from March, 2018. Reasons Bolton was chosen in the first place are opinionated reasons, has experience, can navigate the bureaucracy, counter-balance,

John Bolton Should Be Ashamed Of Himself. But That Would Require A Sense Of Shame
Paul Szoldra
March 23, 2018 at 12:53 PM

Next month, Bolton will once again be back in the White House, this time as President Donald Trump's national security adviser, having in the past served as President George W. Bush's ambassador to the United Nations.

Should we be worried? Yeah, we should.

We should be worried about tens of millions of civilian and U.S. military deaths in the opening salvo of a potential war with North Korea, of which Bolton argued for late last year in The Wall Street Journal, where he reasoned that a pre-emptive strike against Pyongyang was an acceptable military option.

Read more at: https://taskandpurpose.com/john-bolton-shame

Offline TomSea

« Reply #202 on: September 11, 2019, 05:48:23 pm »
Another take:

Speak Up, John Bolton

The national-security professionals who have left this administration owe the American people the truth about the president.
Sep 10, 2019   David Frum  Staff writer at The Atlantic

Whatever else he has been through in his career, John Bolton is a patriot. He has been impelled by a strong vision of the national interest. He has run career risks and sacrificed life opportunities for the sake of his principles. He went to work for President Donald Trump, aware of important disagreements between them. Bolton believed that his knowledge of government and his fierce work ethic would prevail over Trump’s bad impulses.

That gamble has now been exposed as a bad one. Bolton has lost the debate over North Korea, over Ukraine, over Russia, over trade. While Bolton agreed with Trump about Brexit, Bolton is a friend of the United Kingdom, who has witnessed Trump use Brexit to squeeze Britain, not support it. Bolton protested as Trump tried incompetently to grab the controls of negotiations with the Taliban—and as Trump has mused aloud about no-precondition presidential-level talks with the Iranian regime.

Bolton has been a loyal soldier for his president through all these difficulties. His reward was open disrespect and then public humiliation.

Read more at: https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/09/bolton-must-now-speak-out/597784/

Good article, the Atlantic can have those from time to time.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #203 on: September 11, 2019, 06:05:23 pm »
Trump blasts 'Mr. Tough Guy' Bolton: 'He made some very big mistakes'

Trump said North Korean leader Kim Jong Un no longer wanted to work with Bolton after the Libya remark.

“As soon as he mentioned that, the Libyan model, what a disaster. Take a look at what happened to Gadhafi," Trump said. “I don’t blame Kim Jong Un for what he said after that. And he wanted nothing to do with John Bolton. And that's not a question of being tough. That’s a question of being not smart to say something like that.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/460921-trump-bolton-wasnt-in-line-with-my-agenda

Imagine trying to keep a straight face, after Trump tells YOU that you’ve said something dumb.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #204 on: September 11, 2019, 06:56:18 pm »
I don't think Trump will be a Rand/Ron Paul-type clone.

He cancelled the Iran nuke deal, I"ll bet Rand and Ron would NOT want that.

I do keep a cautious eye on Trump in some aspects, I won't enumerate them but I can give an example, this in Syria where he seemed to impulsively state we'd be out in 60-90 days, that was an extremely poor decision and as we know, Mattis walked because of this. Dumb, an inept and uninformed decision.  I was ready to dump him until the reversal seemed to come rather quickly.

Nato, Ukraine, I have my concerns.  Like Mattis said too, we need our allies.  We'll see, I hope, for example, a president couldn't unilaterally cancel membership in Nato. I can see a president trying to enhance our position in saying,  "we dl all this, don't we deserve more consideration" and things like that.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #205 on: September 11, 2019, 07:04:16 pm »
Another take:
Good article, the Atlantic can have those from time to time.

Frum is a four letter word.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #206 on: September 12, 2019, 10:55:42 pm »
Joyce Karam
@Joyce_Karam
#Trump takes out Pompeo from running to replace Bolton. Updated list:

• B Hook
• S Biegun
• R O’Brien
• R Blair
• K Kellogg
• J Keane
• R Grenell
• D Macgregor
• HR McMaster
• F Fleitz
• P Dobriansky
• R Waddell

Trump said there are 15 candidates, up from 5 on Wed.

https://twitter.com/Joyce_Karam/status/1172271848404520960

Second name on the list, I can go with that, looks like @Bigun 's under consideration.

I could even support Cyber Liberty.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 11:02:19 pm by TomSea »