Poll

In your opinion Was Trump's decision to Fire Bolton Good or Bad?

Good
10 (25.6%)
Bad
19 (48.7%)
It's his perogative (Jury still out option)
10 (25.6%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Voting closed: September 15, 2019, 06:33:31 pm

Author Topic: BREAKING...John Bolton Fired!  (Read 5588 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: BREAKING...John Bolton Fired!
« Reply #150 on: September 10, 2019, 11:25:54 pm »
Yes, and I'm trying to remember her name.  I'll post it if/when I remember it.

Alamo Girl?   :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #151 on: September 10, 2019, 11:28:18 pm »
Allegra from FR was a contractor.... not sure exactly what her role was....

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #152 on: September 10, 2019, 11:30:37 pm »
That Mittens thinks Bolton's departure is a sad thing may tend to persuade me that it's a good thing.

Seeing Mittens to the right of Trump is what's really sad.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #153 on: September 10, 2019, 11:36:49 pm »
Too bad we can't go back to the Bush doctrine.  Low presence.  Specialized engagement.  Strong relationship with tribal allies.  Minimal casualties.  The goal was to prevent a pro-Taliban government from attaining power in Kabul.  It worked.  Brilliantly it worked.  And it was all thrown away in 2009.

Trump needs to immediately abandon the Obama doctrine resulted in a threefold increase in casualties and return to the minimal presence that Bush originally enacted.

Afghanistan was the "good war" according to Obama.  Now, this was when Obama was newly inaugurated, within weeks:
The Obama surge

U.S. Pres. Barack Obama went to the White House promising to focus attention and resources on the faltering war effort in Afghanistan. On February 17, 2009, he approved sending an additional 17,000 U.S. troops, on top of the 36,000 U.S. troops and 32,000 NATO service members already there.

https://www.britannica.com/event/Afghanistan-War/The-Obama-surge

Yeah, Bush's tactics were working great.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #154 on: September 10, 2019, 11:38:23 pm »
Seeing Mittens to the right of Trump is what's really sad.

That he can get anywhere near to being to the right is doom. Because the Dems will play the same song. And if they do, they will win.

Offline corbe

« Reply #155 on: September 10, 2019, 11:39:20 pm »
Josh Ritter - "Girl In The War"

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Always liked Alamo Girl
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 11:41:43 pm by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #156 on: September 10, 2019, 11:40:12 pm »
Allegra!

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #157 on: September 10, 2019, 11:40:54 pm »
Afghanistan was the "good war" according to Obama.  Now, this was when Obama was newly inaugurated, within weeks:

So tell me what was "faltering" in 2009?  It is not often that I hear a poster here using Obama talking points.  So convince me.  Explain from Obama's point of view exactly what was faltering?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #158 on: September 10, 2019, 11:41:11 pm »
Allegra from FR was a contractor.... not sure exactly what her role was....

That's it.  She got sideways over at TOS and I'm not sure she ever came back.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #159 on: September 10, 2019, 11:42:13 pm »
I'm for staying but staying means such tragedies as insider killings. There's been plenty of that and we will likely see more.  That's on all of our consciences too. Those killings and wounding especially bother me because who does it, is whom we are suppose to be protecting.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/17/world/asia/afghanistan-us-soldiers-insider-attack.html

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #160 on: September 10, 2019, 11:44:20 pm »

About that "Obama Surge." he asked what the bare minimum troop level would be to succeed, and the 17,000 troops was about 75% of that number, guaranteeing a failure.  Not sure how that was Bush's Fault.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #161 on: September 10, 2019, 11:45:59 pm »
That's it.  She got sideways over at TOS and I'm not sure she ever came back.

I think she mended the bridges there.  She has an account here, but took a powder after very few posts.  I lost a lot of respect for her since she came back from Iraq, she has a bit of SJW in her.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #162 on: September 10, 2019, 11:50:54 pm »
So tell me what was "faltering" in 2009?  It is not often that I hear a poster here using Obama talking points.  So convince me.  Explain from Obama's point of view exactly what was faltering?

On October 1, 2008, the top American general in Afghanistan, David McKiernan, warned that the situation in Afghanistan could get a lot worse. The international forces within Afghanistan have not been able to hold territory they have cleared because of the lack of troops. For this reason the general called for an extra three combat brigades (roughly 20,000 troops). Without this urgent rush of troops the Taliban would be able to get back into the communities that were once cleared by international troops. The general went on to say that things could get a lot worse before they get better.[19]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_in_Afghanistan

General David McKiernan, born in Atlanta GA. Sound like an Obama talking point? Doesn't to me.  October 2008.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #163 on: September 11, 2019, 12:03:38 am »
I think she mended the bridges there.  She has an account here, but took a powder after very few posts.  I lost a lot of respect for her since she came back from Iraq, she has a bit of SJW in her.

That's disappointing.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #164 on: September 11, 2019, 12:05:57 am »
That's disappointing.

Very much so, for me personally.  Until she went all SJW on me, I had counted her as a friend.  She ended up accusing me of "mansplaining."  When she reiterated it, I blocked her on Bookface and vaporized her from my pages.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #165 on: September 11, 2019, 12:10:40 am »
Very much so, for me personally.  Until she went all SJW on me, I had counted her as a friend.  She ended up accusing me of "mansplaining."  When she reiterated it, I blocked her on Bookface and vaporized her from my pages.

She was always a bit shakey IMHO.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #166 on: September 11, 2019, 12:14:44 am »
General David McKiernan, born in Atlanta GA. Sound like an Obama talking point? Doesn't to me.  October 2008.

Not sure what any of that has to do with the original mission which was to prevent a terrorist-friendly government in Afghanistan.  So again, what part of that goal was faltering?

btw, McKiernan had a history of calling for more troops though his career.  Nothing different about this one.  Of course if you are really into the whole 'nation-building' thing, then it would explain why you support the Obama doctrine - failure that it was.  But the whole point was to prevent another Taliban government by supporting the anti-Taliban alliance.  It had nothing at all to do with trying to hold on to every square kilometer of the country like the Soviets tried to do in the 80s.  Bush should be applauded.  Loudly.  He did what others said was not possible.  And it sickens me to hear people on a Conservative web site bashing him for not being more like Obama and Trump.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline aligncare

« Reply #167 on: September 11, 2019, 12:20:11 am »
With every decision or with every action Trump took came the cries of ...that was a “stupid move for Trump to fill in the blank” — tweet, comment, hire, fire, meet with, etc.

And yet each time that happened, Trump was proven right regarding said actions, tweet or statements. Every body else was wrong, including GOP grey beards.

I think I’ll go with Trump’s instinct on this, he’s been vindicated enough times for me to trust his decisions.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #168 on: September 11, 2019, 12:24:08 am »

I did McKiernan's retirement ceremony after Obama fired him from running Afghanistan and replaced him with McCrystal.  Only the SecDef Robert Gates showed up for his ceremony.

Bitter doesn't begin to describe the General's of his voice when he delivered his remarks.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #169 on: September 11, 2019, 12:26:21 am »
She was always a bit shakey IMHO.

The company she keeps.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline skeeter

« Reply #170 on: September 11, 2019, 12:26:58 am »
With every decision or with every action Trump took came the cries of ...that was a “stupid move for Trump to fill in the blank” — tweet, comment, hire, fire, meet with, etc.

And yet each time that happened, Trump was proven right regarding said actions, tweet or statements. Every body else was wrong, including GOP grey beards.

I think I’ll go with Trump’s instinct on this, he’s been vindicated enough times for me to trust his decisions.
I haven’t felt the same about John Bolton since the Tucker Carlson interview. Although Carlson was hard on him Bolton showed a surprising lack of grace for a senior statesman.

Of course I am more sympathetic with Carlson’s point f view.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #171 on: September 11, 2019, 12:29:29 am »
I did McKiernan's retirement ceremony after Obama fired him from running Afghanistan and replaced him with McCrystal.  Only the SecDef Robert Gates showed up for his ceremony.

Bitter doesn't begin to describe the General's of his voice when he delivered his remarks.

Am I mistaken? Seems like both B2 and Obama fired a lot of generals who offered up a good plan to defeat the jihadists.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline corbe

« Reply #172 on: September 11, 2019, 12:31:49 am »

Gates also came to Rex Tillerson's defense when he was fired by Tweet.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #173 on: September 11, 2019, 12:33:19 am »
Am I mistaken? Seems like both B2 and Obama fired a lot of generals who offered up a good plan to defeat the jihadists.

No @bigheadfred, you most definately are not mistaken! 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline TomSea

« Reply #174 on: September 11, 2019, 12:46:18 am »

:thumbsup:

Good post, I wasn't for Bolton being fired, not saying it was the wrong thing to do.

They are strong-willed individuals...I don't fault Bolton,

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/bolton-likely-axed-over-taliban-deal-leaks/

That Korea matter, Afghanistan, sure tells me, we will find out more about this in the future.