Author Topic: Beto O'Rourke declares 'right' to live close to work; rich should 'be forced' to live among poor  (Read 897 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Beto: Living close to where you work should be a right for everyone

AllahpunditPosted at 11:31 am on September 10, 2019

I think he’s reached the “Mad Libs” phase of his campaign. He’s at two to three percent in polling, his big anti-gun push after the El Paso shooting hasn’t done much for him except give him a few viral video moments, so he has nothing left to lose by indulging his most progressive instincts and hoping the base responds.

Six months ago he might have filled in the blank in “_______________ is a human right” with “education” or “health care.” Six months later, as he’s circling the drain, he needs to stand out from the pack. And so instead we get “living close-ish to your place of employment.” W-w-what?

more
https://hotair.com/archives/allahpundit/2019/09/10/beto-living-close-work-right-everyone/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online berdie

Re: Beto: Living close to where you work should be a right for everyone
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 08:46:12 pm »
Well, I retired in Oct of last year.  The drive was killing me. So I called my old office and told them what Beto says.  The told me they would get right on it.  I'm so happy. wink777

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Beto O’Rourke claims ‘living close to work’ is a ‘right’
Fox News, Sep 10, 2019

Democratic presidential candidate Beto O’Rourke now claims you have a “right” to live near your job.

“Living close to work shouldn't be a luxury for the rich,” the former Texas congressman tweeted Monday. “It's a right for everyone.”

O’Rourke didn’t explain how it’s a right – or if he considers it a constitutional or a human right. But in a video posted on Twitter, the Democrat argued that living closer to one’s work would not only “reduce our impact on climate change and greenhouse emissions” but would also “improve the quality of life” for people.

In the video, O’Rourke claimed “we force lower-income working Americans to drive one, two, three hours in either direction to get to their jobs, very often minimum wage jobs. They’re working two or three of them right now.”

“Rich people are going to have to allow -- or be forced to allow -- lower-income people to live near them,” he said.

More:  https://www.foxnews.com/politics/beto-orourke-claims-living-close-to-work-is-a-right

Offline skeeter

鼻涕 O'Rourke is like the child who shouts louder and louder in order to provoke a reaction from mom & dad.

Whatta schmutz. Maybe he should start going by בוגער O'Rourke.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
鼻涕 O'Rourke is like the child who shouts louder and louder in order to provoke a reaction from mom & dad.

Whatta schmutz. Maybe he should start going by בוגער O'Rourke.

I can't wait to see him try to make the most outrageous statement at the next debate. It should be as awesome as his skateboarding.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline skeeter

I can't wait to see him try to make the most outrageous statement at the next debate. It should be as awesome as his skateboarding.

Every time Trump blows it with a tweet or the rat media manage to drive down his approvals with some BS or other one of the rat clowns currently vying for the brass ring say something g really really stupid and remind everyone why the upcoming election is so critical.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Truth @austingirl  :laugh:

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I wonder if this applies to people who work at dangerous chemical manufacturing facilities?  Other Rats say they have the "right" to live miles away from their work and to say otherwise is "Environmental Justice."

Rats really need to make up their minds on this.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2019, 12:45:02 am »
Yes, it's a real issue. No, I don't think that government has the solution and declaring it a "right" like the left loves to do isn't going to help much.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Presidential hopeful Beto O’Rourke says it is a fundamental “right” for individuals to live near their place of employment and that wealthy Americans should “be forced” to live among the poor.

“Living close to work shouldn’t be a luxury for the rich. It’s a right for everyone,” the former Texas congressman tweeted Monday evening.

The Democrat’s tweet also included a video further explaining his position.

“Here’s the tough thing to talk about, though we must. Rich people are gonna have to allow — or be forced to allow — lower-income people to live near them, which is what we fail to do in this country right now,” Mr. O’Rourke says in the campaign clip.
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/sep/10/beto-orourke-declares-right-to-live-close-to-work-/
Seems BOR is attempting to become the new AOC
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Democrat campaign promises, all of them, are like listening to a gaggle of children running for class president. They really do not understand how silly they sound.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online cato potatoe

This guy should serve as a cautionary tale for those who consider a vote for "moderate" democrats.  Underneath the inclusive campaign rhetoric is a tyrant in waiting.

Offline thackney

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2019, 08:02:06 pm »
Well, I retired in Oct of last year.  The drive was killing me. So I called my old office and told them what Beto says.  The told me they would get right on it.  I'm so happy. wink777

How many miles was your drive?
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online berdie

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2019, 08:54:54 pm »
How many miles was your drive?

130 miles round trip. Traffic got stupid. So that translates to 5-6 hours a day. IF...the weather was decent.

Offline austingirl

Tune into the democommie debate tomorrow night at 7pm CST and find out what else Robert Francis has in store for us. I hope we'll have a live thread.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Tune into the democommie debate tomorrow night at 7pm CST and find out what else Robert Francis has in store for us. I hope we'll have a live thread.

You have my request to start one.  Ping me to it and I'll sticky it! happy77
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline thackney

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2019, 11:52:42 pm »

130 miles round trip. Traffic got stupid. So that translates to 5-6 hours a day. IF...the weather was decent.

That is about mine now.  Through Houston (from South to East), so at least I get some options to miss some snarls.  But my time is only 2.5~3.5 hours.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
cato wrote:
"This guy should serve as a cautionary tale for those who consider a vote for "moderate" democrats.  Underneath the inclusive campaign rhetoric is a tyrant in waiting."

A vote for ANY "democrat" these days at ANY level of government, is a vote for communism-in-disguise.

Please show me where I'm wrong.

Offline Hoodat

I wonder if this applies to people who work at dangerous chemical manufacturing facilities?  Other Rats say they have the "right" to live miles away from their work and to say otherwise is "Environmental Justice."

Hey, if this becomes law, does it mean that a chemical plant will have to be built near my house?  I long for the day that a huge plant or refinery is built in Atlanta.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline austingirl

You have my request to start one.  Ping me to it and I'll sticky it! happy77
@Cyber Liberty
 :thumbsup: