Author Topic: Three DHS secretaries disagree with Trump: Mexico border not a top security threat  (Read 358 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Three DHS secretaries disagree with Trump: Mexico border not a top security threat
by Anna Giaritelli
 | September 09, 2019 05:47 PM

The U.S.-Mexico border, where President Trump is building a wall and to which he has dispatched troops, is not among the nation's top homeland security concerns, a bipartisan group of former secretaries of homeland security said Monday.

Former DHS Secretaries Janet Napolitano and Jeh Johnson, who worked for Barack Obama, and Michael Chertoff, homeland secretary under George W. Bush, told senators Monday they worry about cybersecurity, global warming, domestic terrorism, and mass shootings more than anything else.

“I would like to address a topic that I do not believe is a threat to the homeland — the U.S. border with Mexico,” said Napolitano, the most outspoken on the issue during the hearing. “I have worked on issues related to that border for nearly 30 years as a prosecutor, a Governor, and as Secretary of Homeland Security … There have been times during my three decades of public service when I did argue that the border was a threat, but now is not such a time.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/three-dhs-secretaries-disagree-with-trump-mexico-border-not-a-top-security-threat
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I was wondering which three....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Night Hides Not

Title of article is very misleading IMO. "Former" should have been included in describing the secretaries.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline PeteS in CA

Janet Napolitano and Jeh Johnson served Obama. 'nuff said? As for Chertoff, he's been out of DHS for over 10 years, over 10 years of not knowing current information and status.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.