Author Topic: Debt Could Reach Record Levels by 2030  (Read 662 times)

Offline OfTheCross

Debt Could Reach Record Levels by 2030
« on: September 10, 2019, 01:37:17 pm »
The Congressional Budget Office's (CBO) latest budget projections point to high and rising debt under current law, but the situation is far worse if lawmakers continue current policies as in CBO's recently released Alternative Fiscal Scenario (AFS). Under the AFS, deficits would pass the trillion-dollar mark by next year and exceed $2 trillion by 2028, while debt as a share of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) would reach a new record level by 2030.

Both CBO's current law and AFS projections show debt rising continuously as a share of GDP, but the AFS shows debt reaching unprecedented levels much sooner. Lawmakers need to ensure that they don't add to debt by extending temporary policies without offsets and then get to work on bringing debt on a downward sustainable path as a share of the economy.

details

I'm starting to think that debts don't matter as far as our government is concerned. But since I gotta balance my budget every month why not the country
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 08:36:11 pm by Sanguine »
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Offline Applewood

Re: Debt Could Reach Record Levels by 2030
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 08:29:46 pm »
No one in DC really cares.  We haven't had a balanced budget in years.  I cringe every time some news person talks about the latest "budget."  It's not a budget bill.  It's a spending spree bill.

But hey, if the government runs out of our money, it can always print more.  After all, that idea worked so well in Greece or Venezuela, right?

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Debt Could Reach Record Levels by 2030
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 01:21:13 am »
2019:
"Debt Could Reach Record Levels by 2030"

2025:
"Debt Could Reach Record Levels by 2040"

2030:
"Debt Could Reach Record Levels by 2050"

You get the picture.
It will just keep getting bigger until... it can't get bigger no mo'.

Then things will get interesting.