Author Topic: Romney signals he's open to bipartisan background check bill  (Read 777 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Romney signals he's open to bipartisan background check bill
« on: September 10, 2019, 12:35:49 pm »
Romney signals he's open to bipartisan background check bill
The Hill, Sep 9, 2019

Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) said Monday that he believes all commercial gun sales should be subject to a background check and signaled he's open to supporting bipartisan legislation from Sens. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) and Pat Toomey (R-Pa.).

"It certainly should be applied to commercial sales and finding a more comprehensive way to make sure that people are in the system that ought to be in the system," Romney told reporters when asked about expanding background checks.

Asked if he would support legislation from Manchin and Toomey, which would expand gun background checks to all commercial sales, Romney said he had spoken with Toomey and was reviewing the bill. 

"I'm looking at that. ... Directionally, that is something I would support, but I have not read the legislation. That is something I would have to look at before I signed on," Romney added.

More:  https://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/460626-romney-signals-hes-open-to-bipartisan-background-check-bill

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
Re: Romney signals he's open to bipartisan background check bill
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 02:37:38 pm »
I want some reporter to ask these background check advocates which shooting in the last 10-15 years would have been stopped with enhanced background checks.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 02:40:27 pm »
I'd like to hear a single talking head say that we already have background checks.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2019, 03:08:21 pm »
Unsurprising.  Romney would vote for full confiscation, given the chance.  Once a Governor from Massachusetts, always a Governor from Massachusetts.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2019, 03:13:08 pm »
What a phony, opportunistic piece of crap the 'republican' Romney is. How is it Utah can tolerate him?

I really, really dislike this clown.