Author Topic: How the Obama Administration Made the Military More Politically Correct  (Read 180 times)

rangerrebew

How the Obama Administration Made the Military More Politically Correct

Katrina Trinko  September 10, 2019

During the Obama administration, political appointees, not military members, drove the agenda. James Hasson, who served in the military during President Barack Obama’s presidency, talked to generals and other military leaders to get the inside scoop on what really happened in the military in the Obama era. Read the interview, posted below, or listen on the podcast:

James Hasson: Hey, thanks so much for having me.

Trinko: OK, so first off, you’re a veteran yourself. When did you join? Why did you decide to join? What branch?

Hasson: OK, so I was an Army officer, and I did ROTC through the University of Notre Dame. I commissioned as second lieutenant in the Army in 2011, and then I’ve rode that out through almost the end of [President Barack] Obama’s second term.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2019/09/10/how-the-obama-administration-made-the-military-more-politically-correct/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=how-the-obama-administration-made-the-military-more-politically-correct&mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiTWpCaE16ZzFOVGcwWmpnMyIsInQiOiJyck9sRWVqZ2poRWxuQzl6b0d1Q1ZoRkpjYklIV2xRdnl5M1BJMkUybm41OVRFRktNelJuQndqZ3NDNWtPMmFyekFcL0FDMkRGSm84WVdcL1lxeWZ5XC9EOUM2RXZMU2hcL2xWb2xUZHRxZFFINEU1UjhpcVVVY2lQaDhXeFZZdVRKa2IifQ%3D%3D

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: How the Obama Administration Made the Military More Politically Correct
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 01:30:44 pm »
... But one of the things that also hit me was, while we were preparing to deploy and during my time, just across the military in general, is that we spent so much time doing things that had nothing to do with our actual job, whether it’s your equal-opportunity training or PowerPoint training on all kinds of different things.

And now, they add “implicit-bias” training, and the first thing that you think about, if you’re a military leader, whether in the Army or anywhere else, when you step off the plane, and your boots hit the ground for the first time, you think, all right, are we ready for this? Did we do enough to prepare?

And you, as a leader, especially feel that way. You think, “Did I do enough to make sure that my soldiers are ready for what we’re doing?” And time isn’t fungible.

So, when you’re spending all this time focusing on these social-justice demands, that’s time that you can’t even use doing what you really need to do.

Hasson: Well, they were focused more on accomplishing stated social goals versus simply focusing on the military’s sole job, which is to fight and win wars.

So, I interviewed scores of sources for the book, and a number of them were people like two- or three-star generals who were in the room when these decisions were being made.

And what they would tell me is that, we never got … coming from the White House, the administration, we were never getting guidance about, you know, hey, we want to have this many brigades ready, or like, tell us the status of the troops.

It was all simply focused on, basically, things like the transgender policy or integrating, creating gender-neutral infantry. And it’s over the objections of the commandant of the Marine Corps and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs.

And so, basically, to pull one quote, someone said, “ … We got a lot of direction from the White House, but none of it had anything to do with war fighting.”

I've posted this before, possibly here on TBF, as a half-snark-half-reasonable-speculation ... what are the Las Vegas odds that the watch officers and bridge crew of those two USN guided missile destroyers that collided with other ships due to deficient training were all up to date on their social-justice training? Every second wasted on that was time not available to train the skills needed for navigation!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.