Author Topic: Sixth Circuit: 30-day sentence for Rand Paul attacker is too lenient  (Read 1187 times)

Online Polly Ticks

Re: Sixth Circuit: 30-day sentence for Rand Paul attacker is too lenient
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2019, 06:06:41 pm »
That's right enough - but re-sentencing after the fact seems like double jeopardy to me.
The judge should step down in shame, that's for sure.

He is being re-sentenced because Rand Paul appealed the original one:

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/politics/2018/07/01/rand-paul-appeals-rene-boucher-jail-sentence-lawn-dispute/749108002/

And totally agree with you about the judge.  That original sentence was just pathetic.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online roamer_1

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2019, 06:12:36 pm »

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/politics/2018/07/01/rand-paul-appeals-rene-boucher-jail-sentence-lawn-dispute/749108002/

And totally agree with you about the judge.  That original sentence was just pathetic.

Ahhh. That's a different story - A continuance... I see.
Thank you.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2019, 06:47:54 pm »

So, I assume this is a remand back to the Judge that gave the 30-day sentence.  That Judge will just find a better justification to break guidelines again.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2019, 06:52:51 pm »
So, I assume this is a remand back to the Judge that gave the 30-day sentence.  That Judge will just find a better justification to break guidelines again.

I'm not sure.  It's being sent back to the district court, but I can't find any information about whether it goes back to the same judge.
 :shrug:

Maybe some of our local legal representatives can tell us how that works.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2019, 06:56:44 pm »
I'm not sure.  It's being sent back to the district court, but I can't find any information about whether it goes back to the same judge.
 :shrug:

Maybe some of our local legal representatives can tell us how that works.

They're all still arguing about how many Second Amendments can dance on the head of a pin.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2019, 06:59:07 pm »
They're all still arguing about how many Second Amendments can dance on the head of a pin.

... and whether that dance is when life begins.