Author Topic: 'There's no way I'm meeting' with the Taliban after US soldier's death, Trump says  (Read 254 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'There's no way I'm meeting' with the Taliban after US soldier's death, Trump says
by Julio Rosas
 | September 09, 2019 04:04 PM

President Trump told reporters the peace talks with the Taliban are "dead" in the aftermath of a U.S. soldier being killed in Afghanistan last week.

Trump was set to host a Taliban delegation at Camp David for a continuation of peace talks just days before the anniversary of 9/11. He canceled them after Sgt. 1st Class Elis Barreto Ortiz, 34, was killed with a car bomb.

"They’re dead," Trump said of the talks Monday. "They’re dead, as far as I’m concerned. They thought they had to kill people to put themselves in a better negotiating position. When they did that, they killed 12 people. One happened to be a great American soldier. A wonderful young man, from Puerto Rico. Family is from Puerto Rico. You can’t do that with me. So they’re dead, as far as I’m concerned."

Echoing Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, Trump said the U.S. has been heavily targeting the terror group in recent days.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/theres-no-way-im-meeting-with-the-taliban-after-us-soldiers-death-trump-says
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I guess the Taliban thought they could do like the North Vietnamese did at the Paris Peace Accords...continue to kill Americans while negotiating our withdrawal.

I'm just waiting for Horse face to come in and hold his own surrender talks with the Taliban.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online corbe

The only difference I see in the Trump/obummer State Dept. ME policy is Trump's favorability of Israel, everything is still a CF all the way down to negotiating with mullahs and terrorist. 

We kicked their azz in 11 days after 9/11 with Spec Ops on horseback with lasers and AirPower, then the politicians took over, just like Nam, Paul Brenner comes to mind in Iraq, and screwed the pooch.   
   Just let your damn Generals do the Job they are tasked with and don't hamstring the troops with ridiculous ROE's.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.