Author Topic: Rush: Don’t Waver, Deplorables! Washington Will Never Accept Trump  (Read 343 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Don’t Waver, Deplorables! Washington Will Never Accept Trump

Sep 9, 2019

RUSH: Now the Republican Party. We have three Republicans who have announced they’re gonna run. It’s Mark Sanford and it’s — well, hang on a minute. Mark Sanford, the guy that told Obama that he was a liar when he was in the House. Obama’s making some speech and this guy said, “You lie.” What’s this guy’s name? Jo something or other, Joe Green, Joe Brown. Anyway, there’s one other.

Mark Sanford is the former governor of South Carolina, former member of Congress. This is the guy who gave it all up for a woman in South America. This guy got caught up in an affair of the heart. He lost all perspective, proving one of my oft-stated, Undeniable Truths of Life, and that is – (interruption) Joe Walsh, that’s right. Lust/love, the only human emotion that will make you do things that in a rational state of mind you would never do. This guy gave it all up because he was infatuated or in love or whatever with some woman down in Argentina. He left his family, left his wife, left the job, nobody knew where he was. When they finally caught up with him he said he had been hiking solo on the Appalachian Trail trying to get in touch with himself and with nature, whatever.

It was finally exposed to be a gigantic lie. It was a huge embarrassment for everybody involved. He went out, paid his penance for a while, now back in American politics, and he says that he’s going to seek the Republican nomination against Trump in 2020, primarily because he believes the Republican Party has lost its way.

He says he’s upset with all the spending. He’s upset with the size and the expansion of the deficit. He’s very, very, very concerned that the Republican Party, which used to stand for those two things, fiscal responsibility, economic growth, getting rid of the debt, paying down the annual deficit, the national debt, that’s out the window now. Trump’s spending like we’ve never had anybody spend before. The Republican Party has lost its way.

Well, I’m gonna remind you. For those of you new to the program, that’s not a sentiment with which I disagree. I just disagree with the timing. I don’t think the Republican Party lost its way with Trump. Trump is the result of the Republican Party having lost its way. And do you know when you can trace Republican Party having lost its way? Where do you think, Mr. Snerdley?

If you were playing Jeopardy! right now and the big $25,000 prize hinged on you answering this question correctly, when did the Republican Party of the modern era lose its way? (interruption) Exactly right. In the post-Reagan era. And why did the Republican Party lose its way? (interruption) No, because they abandoned conservatism! They abandoned conservatism and pretended to be conservative and dibbled at it and dabbled at it. They talked about it, but they never implemented it — or rarely.

They promised to during campaigns, but once they got elected there wasn’t any. It fooled people for a while, but that’s when you trace the Republican Party having lost its way. And it’s always been frustrating. Ronald Reagan shows the way: Straight-down-the-middle conservatism. He won two landslide elections in 1980 and 1984, proved a whole bunch of conservative theory that you can cut taxes and double the size of government.

You creates revenue that Washington would otherwise never get by cutting taxes, that you can create new jobs and lower the deficit and lower inflation by cutting taxes, eight years of it — well, six. It took a couple of months to get the tax cut passed and then another 18 months for it to kick in after it was implemented. But all during this time the Washington establishment, including both Republicans and Democrats, did not like Reagan because they didn’t like conservatism.

They don’t like anything that deemphasizes the role of government on a day-to-day basis, and they don’t like anything that deemphasizes or shrinks the size of government. So they pretended to love Reagan and they all wanted to be in the spotlight. But privately, they were plotting how to take control of the party once Reagan’s two terms were over and get it back on track to where it was the Harlem Globetrotters… Well, the Republican Party was the Washington Generals to the Democrat Party’s Harlem Globetrotters.

That’s when Washington functions, when the Republicans know their place, and that is as losers in the minority party. That’s when Washington functions. That’s when the media’s happy. That’s when everybody’s happy. But when that goes astray, that’s when the left loses it, and that’s what we’re in now. We were in it during the eighties with Reagan. The Washington, D.C., order was upset. I’m not kidding and I’m not exaggerating.

Washington, D.C., functions in peace and tranquility when the Republicans know their place, and that is as a minority that occasionally wins the White House but still does not try to dismantle any aspect of the Washington establishment. Instead, the Republicans and Democrats work together to maintain it, maybe even grow it. So what happened when the Republicans won the House for the first time in 40 years in the 1994 elections? The Washington insiders went bonkers. The media went nuts.

Newt Gingrich got the Ronald Reagan treatment that Donald Trump is now getting. If you want peace — and I’m gonna expand on this as the program unfolds because, folks, I’m sensing some wavering out there among you deplorables, among you Trump supporters. I’m sensing just the tiniest bit of wavering. And you know where? You know where I’m seeing it? I have a few people starting to talk to me about how they wish Trump would do more to make the media like him, or at least do more to make the media stop focusing on him all the time.

And it’s understandable, it’s human emotion, and it is fatigue. The people that voted for Trump would much rather see Trump receive accolades. They would much rather see Trump be celebrated rather than constantly ridiculed, laughed at, made fun of, attempted to be destroyed and all that. And I need to remind everybody here today and every day going forward what is at stake, and what this was always gonna be if Trump won, and it’s only gonna get worse. It’s 365, 24/7. That means all the time.

What you’re seeing now, it’s not gonna change. There’s no way to buy off the media. There’s no way to placate the media. There’s no way to soften the media. The only thing to do is to keep defeating the media and the Democrats politically. So I will expand on this as the program unfolds. (interruption) Yeah, Bill Weld. Bill Weld’s the other Republican seeking the nomination. The Republican Party is responding by saying, “Okay. Well, we’ll just eliminate the primaries in three states and we’ll just erase you guys.”

But, I mean, I know where Sanford’s coming from. (impression) “The Republican Party’s lost its way. Donald Trump is no longer the Republican Party.” No, he’s not. But Donald Trump is not the reason the Republican Party is lost. Donald Trump has come in and picked up pieces of what used to be the Republican Party. Look, I’m not making this up. When Washington, D.C., is peaceful and tranquil and when you do not notice any acrimony is when the Republicans agree to be the minority party.

I may be exaggerating, ’cause in the modern era I don’t think there are a whole lot of Republicans that want to lose. But I’m telling you, in the old days pre-1980… Do you know how many Republicans were in the House of Representatives before Reagan won in 1980? It was 130 — 130 out of 435! The Democrats didn’t even let ’em into some committee meetings, and Republicans didn’t care as long as they get to go play golf with people. It was their role to be a permanent minority since the days of FDR.

Reagan blew all of that up by becoming a winner and bringing a lot of Republicans along and having the Republican Party finally be defined as it should be: The party of conservatism. But all the while, establishment Republicans were doing what they could to undermine that after the end of Reagan’s second term, and they did. But the American people that voted for Reagan, two landslide victories, they didn’t want the Republican Party to go back to permanent minority status even if that’s what it meant for there to appear to be peace and tranquility in Washington and in the media.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: By the way, folks, I pulled a Joe Biden here. I erred. I misspoke. I’ve been talking about Mark Sanford being from North Carolina. He’s not. He’s from South Carolina. I knew that. I just got — well, I got a little lazy out there, all the action in the special election, Trump’s rally tonight in North Carolina. But Mark Sanford is from South Carolina.

Let me grab Ed in Whitesboro, New York, as we get started on the phones. Great to have you on the program, Ed. Hello.

CALLER: Hi. Thanks for having me. I wanted your opinion about something I’ve been thinking about, you know, because the Republicans have been watching Trump roll around in the mud here. A lot of them have been retired and I view these people that are retiring, these guys are falling on the sword, so to speak, just to get rid of this guy. And I was wondering in regards to your monologue about them running, you know, a candidate, do you think it’s possible they would do that just in a possibility of shaving off enough votes where Trump could lose?

RUSH: Running a candidate when? In the presidential election?

CALLER: Yeah.

RUSH: No, no, no. No, no, no. This effort’s gonna be made in the primaries. But it isn’t gonna work. You’re basically asking me if there are enough Never Trumpers to cause Trump to lose. Right?

CALLER: Yeah, because it almost seems like, you know, there’s times when it doesn’t look like there’s that many, but, I mean, they had 40 of ’em, you know, when the election came for the House, they had 40 of ’em leave, and we’ve got more retiring. And it almost seems like they’re just doing it on purpose, you know, so that way they can say, well, the Democrats ruined it for Trump and not them. You know, I’m just very suspicious of them. And I’m a conservative.

RUSH: Well, let me put your mind at rest on one thing. There aren’t enough Never Trumpers to cause Trump to lose the presidential election. The Never Trumpers have always been a very small, very finite number of people. They are predominantly so-called conservative Washington and New York axis, the New York-Washington corridor. They are think tank tips, columnists. They would think of themselves as literary artists.

But Biden — every measure you want to look at, they don’t have a constituency. “What do you mean by that, Rush?” Okay. Look, folks, some of this is not easy. I’ve known these people all my lives, and this departure of theirs from conservatism simply ’cause of Trump, it’s created a lot of friction.

But where do these people work? They either write op-ed columns or they work at magazines. Every magazine for which they work, with a couple of exceptions, is dying. They’re doing fundraisers or they do cruises to supplement their subscriptions because there aren’t enough.

I’m not saying this as a critic of any business. I’m just pointing out that they don’t have a huge constituency. If the Never Trumpers represented a wide swath of the American public, they wouldn’t be in the financial straits that they are in. Their magazines would be thriving. Their subscriptions would be expanding and increasing. And they aren’t.

They are given a lot of airtime because they hate Trump. You know, the media loves Republicans that criticize Republicans. The media loves Republicans that hate other Republicans. So they’re becoming stars in the Drive-By Media, but they’ve always been establishment types, and they’ve always had good relations with the Washington establishment types. And they’ve now joined forces here in their anti-Trump status. But in terms of representing a percentage of the electorate, they don’t.

Believe me, they have lost a lot of supporters. They’ve lost a lot of donors. They’ve lost a lot of subscribers. And they’re picking up some of what they’ve lost from Democrats, not Republicans. And this also, this is one of the many things that has frustrated Never Trumpers to no end.

You know, for the longest time the Never Trumpers — and by this specific group I’m talking about conservative, quote, unquote, intellectuals — they thought they were the engine of the conservative movement and the Republican Party. And they sought donors and subscribers on that basis, that they were necessary to keep conservatism alive, that they were the ones that had the oomph and the power and the ability to get conservative policies in front of elected officials and get them implemented.

And then Donald Trump comes along and blows the whole ruse sky-high by basically illustrating they haven’t been accomplishing much at all. Trump comes in and in two years gets more of the conservative agenda implemented than anybody has since the end of Reagan. These guys have been exposed. So they’ve gotta hate Trump. They’ve gotta come down on Trump.

Trump has basically shown that you don’t need to send think tanks and magazines a bunch of money in order to get conservatism implemented. You just have to elect the right guy. And what’s really been amazing about it, here these guys are, these Never Trumpers, who — we’ll give ’em the benefit of the doubt – have been working tirelessly their entire professional lives to see all kinds of various conservative policy implemented. Here it is being implemented, and they hate it!

It’s one of the most amazing things to me to observe, which can give rise to other questions. The answer to your question, there aren’t enough, they do not have a voting constituent — not a single one of them that’s got a candidate that’s gonna run for anything anywhere, particularly for the presidency.

more
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2019/09/09/there-will-be-no-peace-in-washington-unless-republicans-agree-to-be-a-permanent-minority-again/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34