Author Topic: Mattis Speaks About Poor Decision Of Obama Iraq Withdrawal, But Talk Informs Of His Views On Syria  (Read 274 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Mattis Speaks About Poor Decision Of Obama Iraq Withdrawal, But Talk Informs Of His Views On Syria
 by Seth Frantzman  September 8, 2019

General James Mattis on CBS Face the Nation discussed the decision to withdraw from Iraq which was made by the previous US administration.

“Had I known the former vice president was going to run for office, I assure you, I would not have probably been that…forthcoming,” Jim Mattis tells @margbrennan of his analysis of Obama-era foreign policy in his new book. pic.twitter.com/2blbEka1Oi
    — Face The Nation (@FaceTheNation) September 8, 2019

“[The] administration had made the decision to leave Iraq despite what the intelligence community was telling us would happen. They were very clear that an Al-Qeada associated group would rise, that the Iraq government and the Iraqi people and the Iraqi nation was in post-combat pre-reconciliation phase. We needed to keep our influence there a little longer, drawdown year by year, not draw everyone out at one time. The intelligence community was very clear, they forecasted the rise of a group you and I know as  ISIS, and we should have taken their advice on board.”

Read more at: https://tsarizm.com/analysis/2019/09/08/mattis-speaks-about-poor-decision-of-obama-iraq-withdrawal-but-talk-informs-of-his-views-on-syria/

Thank goodness, almost everyone sees what a foolish decision that was.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 05:37:37 pm by TomSea »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
“Had I known the former vice president was going to run for office, I assure you, I would not have probably been that...forthcoming,” Jim Mattis tells @margbrennan of his analysis of Obama-era foreign policy in his new book.

Really?  You would have lied to us by omission if you had know Biden was going to run?  Wow.

Offline berdie

Really?  You would have lied to us by omission if you had know Biden was going to run?  Wow.

That is a little scary, isn't it? Sounds pretty politically motivated to me. (stating the obvious)