Author Topic: Beto O’Rourke Says People Will Comply, Surrender AR-15s Under His Ban  (Read 3341 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: Beto O’Rourke Says People Will Comply, Surrender AR-15s Under His Ban
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2019, 11:21:57 am »
No Bueno, Beto: Americans Won’t Comply With Your Gun Ban

Bearing Arms September 9, 2019 by Cam Edwards

https://bearingarms.com/cam-e/2019/09/09/no-bueno-beto-americans-wont-comply-with-your-gun-ban/

First of all, what does he mean when he talks about working with people to come up with “the best possible solution”? He’s already out there with what he says is the best possible solution: banning semi-automatic long guns (and most likely some handguns as well) and demanding that those who currently legally possess those firearms turn them into the government for some cash. That’s the plan. There’s not a lot of wiggle room, unless you want to talk about how much money you’re going to give, whether state or local law enforcement will take part in the compensated confiscations, and other details. I hate to break it to Beto, but none of those details will make much of a difference in compliance among most Americans.

We have a long history in this country of civil disobedience to laws we consider unjust; from the Alien and Sedition Acts in 1798, the Fugitive Slave Act in the 1850s, Prohibition in the 1920s, the civil rights movement of the 1950s and 60s, to more recent examples like states legalizing cannabis in violation of federal law. Specifically when it comes to firearms, in just the past few years we’ve seen massive non-compliance with New Jersey’s magazine ban, New York State’s SAFE Act, and the so-called “assault weapons ban” in Boulder, Colorado. So why would Beto O’Rourke imagine that Americans would comply with a law that turns them into criminals for continuing to possess something they legally possess today?

First off, if Beto actually managed to enact his proposed law, it would face an immediate court challenge, which would likely take several years for the courts to resolve. It’s doubtful that many gun owners would hand over their firearms to the federal government while that court challenge is being resolved, but even if the Supreme Court upheld Beto’s ban, compliance would likely be few and far between. Beto’s ban is simply largely unenforceable, at least proactively, without a massive expansion of law enforcement powers, and while the Left loves itself some gun control, it also has major issues with law enforcement these days. So, Beto is left with platitudes.

More at link.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2019, 01:20:09 pm »
No Bueno, Beto: Americans Won’t Comply With Your Gun Ban

Bearing Arms September 9, 2019 by Cam Edwards

https://bearingarms.com/cam-e/2019/09/09/no-bueno-beto-americans-wont-comply-with-your-gun-ban/

Beto’s ban is simply largely unenforceable, at least proactively, without a massive expansion of law enforcement powers, and while the Left loves itself some gun control, it also has major issues with law enforcement these days.

That's the irony. The Dems in this scenario would depend on the very LEO's and likely military that they tend to dismiss and trash, if not outright spit on.

Not to mention for example my county of around 35K people and 15K households, we have I think if you count all the city and county cops, maybe 50 bodies to do that task.

Not that anyone is going to embark on that quixotic queeg quest anyway.
The Republic is lost.

Offline verga

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2019, 02:08:14 pm »
Two questions, where will they store all those firearms and who will guard them?
second what will they do with people that own 3D printers or that have machine shop experience and can build firearms?
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2019, 02:22:28 pm »
Two questions, where will they store all those firearms and who will guard them?
second what will they do with people that own 3D printers or that have machine shop experience and can build firearms?

That kind of machinery will be seized and destroyed with no compensation to the owner.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2019, 02:27:37 pm »
Here is what they are really after folks:

"... There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any
government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one MAKES them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.
......just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced nor objectively interpreted -- and you create a nation of law-breakers -- and then you cash in on guilt. Now that's the system, Mr. Reardon, that's the game, and once you understand it, you'll be much easier to deal with."

- p.411,
Ayn Rand, ATLAS SHRUGGED, Signet Books, NY, 1957

The book was written as WARNING but has become one of their guidebooks!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2019, 02:37:04 pm »
They will do what all dictatorships do with the weapons they confiscate. They will redistribute them to sanctioned government officials. The new Brownshirts (Antifa), IRS, Homeland Security, Bureau of Land Management, and a new Government run Police Force, which they will establish to replace all local and State Police. That last item has already been discussed under Holder/Obama. So, the government will confiscate weapons and then use those same weapons against the people from whom they were confiscated. Irony at its worst.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2019, 11:17:32 pm »
Video at link

Rock N Roll Party In The Streets

I know, you know this ain't gonna last forever
Let's take advantage while we still can
I'm sure that you'll find the days couldn't get any longer
Day after day it's gettin' old fast

Let's have a knock down, drag out rock 'n' roll party in the streets
Get all the boys together have them tell everybody that they meet
Friday night at midnight we're all gonna get what we need

You know, I know we ain't gonna show no mercy
To anyone that tries to get in our way
I'm sure that you'll find we got to put the word out for certain
Once the party gets started we're all here to stay

Get all the boys together have them tell everybody that they meet
Friday night at midnight we're all gonna get what we need

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline libertybele

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2019, 11:59:27 pm »
This idiot actually thinks we're just gonna smile and happily give our guns over to the Federal government.   :silly:

This idiot also thinks that he's going to be the Prez!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2019, 12:04:33 am »
This idiot also thinks that he's going to be the Prez!

"thinks" is giving him WAY too much credit.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2019, 12:15:26 am »
I just wish people would stop calling Paddy anything but Robert Francis.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2019, 12:45:47 am »
Dumbest thing a Texan has ever said. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.