Author Topic: Florida Bill Would Require CCW Applicants Undergo Mental Evaluation  (Read 848 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
In today’s most recent sign of the Apocalypse, a Florida lawmaker filed a bill that would require concealed carry permit applicants to undergo a mental health evaluation. With mass shootings, guns and mental health seemingly get lumped together in conversation more and more. However, this stinks of a really bad idea for gun owners in Florida.

On Thursday, State Representative Al Jacquet, a Democrat, filed a bill called “Concealed Weapons or Concealed Firearms Licensing” (HB 117). It specifically states the bill requires “an applicant to have undergone a mental health evaluation and been determined to be competent or provide a letter from a specified profession as to competency; providing an effective date.”

Further, it provides the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services guidelines for issuing carry permits. It requires an applicant “has not been issued an injunction that is currently in force and effect and that restrains the applicant from committing acts of domestic violence or acts of repeat violence.” Additionally, the applicant must undergo “a mental health evaluation conducted by a clinical psychologies or a psychiatrist…” In turn, those medical professionals must find the applicant “competent and of sound mind.” It is then the responsibility of the applicant to obtain a letter from a licensed professional stating “the professional has examined the individual and the individual is not suffering from any serious mental illness.”

“What they’re doing is they’re putting an impediment there,” said gun owner Chad Hendrix, reported winknews.com. “And they’re putting a barrier there, and whose to say you have a mental health issue? Who’s to make that determination.”

https://www.personaldefenseworld.com/2019/09/florida-bill-require-mental-evaluation/

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Florida Bill Would Require CCW Applicants Undergo Mental Evaluation
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2019, 07:59:03 pm »
I'm almost certain this will go nowhere.  Just grandstanding by a liberal POS in SOFL.  The jackwagon wasn't even born in the USA. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2019, 08:01:51 pm »
I'm almost certain this will go nowhere.  Just grandstanding by a liberal POS in SOFL.  The jackwagon wasn't even born in the USA.

I wouldn't be so certain.  The demographics are changing in FL and we nearly had a DEM governor and a DEM senator due to election fraud.  The election prior to that was also very close within 1%. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2019, 08:04:21 pm »
I wouldn't be so certain.  The demographics are changing in FL and we nearly had a DEM governor and a DEM senator due to election fraud.  The election prior to that was also very close within 1%.

Lets live in the present.  This bill is going nowhere.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.