Author Topic: Beto O’Rourke Says People Will Comply, Surrender AR-15s Under His Ban  (Read 3342 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
Democrat presidential hopeful Robert Francis “Beto” O’Rourke suggests citizens will comply and surrender their AR-15s if his proposed ban is put into place.
O’Rourke anticipates citizens’ automatic compliance will erase any need for police to go door-to-door.

The Washington Examiner quoted O’Rourke saying, “I don’t see the law enforcement going door to door. I see Americans complying with the law. I see us working with gun owners, non-gun owners, local, county, state, federal law enforcement to come up with the best possible solution.”

He added, “I have yet to meet an owner of an AR-15 who thinks it’s OK that we have these kind of mass killings in this country.”

When asked to clarify his plan for enforcement of the ban, O’Rourke said, “How do you — how do we enforce any law? There’s a significant reliance on people complying with the law.”

The Democrat presidential hopeful is counting on Americans to simply hand over their AR-15s, AK-47s, and other commonly-owned semiautomatic rifles if the government tells them to do so.

During the September 3, 2019, airing of ABC’s The View, host Meghan McCain warned there will be violence if the government tries to take away AR-15s.

She said, “The AR-15 is by far the most popular gun in America. … I was just in the middle of nowhere Wyoming, [and] if you’re talking about going and taking people’s guns away from them, there’s going to be a lot of violence.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/09/09/beto-orourke-says-people-will-comply-surrender-ar-15s-under-his-ban/
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
This idiot actually thinks we're just gonna smile and happily give our guns over to the Federal government.   :silly:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
 :nothappen: :mauslaff: 000hehehehe :pigs fly: :tinfoil:

Offline thackney

This idiot actually thinks we're just gonna smile and happily give our guns over to the Federal government.   :silly:

No, he thinks the public believes him when he says it won't lead to confiscation by police.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Robert Francis says all kinds of stuff none of which is worth listening to.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

What else can Robert Francis 鼻涕 O'Rourke say? Possible answers are

a) people will ignore my ban, causing me to look silly & impotent
b) people will ignore my ban, causing the government to forcefully confiscate the weapons
c) people will comply with my ban

The reality will resemble a combination of all three, and anything less than full compliance means a disaster for the government.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

He probably learnt that from Fineswine.  333cleo
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The great thing about Irish Bob is he will continue to be a Nacho for the rest of his days.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
I take he has never read Thoreau's  "Civil Disobedience".

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Dint they make a documentary about this fool a while back?

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Beto O’Rourke Says People Will Comply, Surrender AR-15s Under His Ban
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2019, 12:06:08 am »
What else can Robert Francis 鼻涕 O'Rourke say? Possible answers are

a) people will ignore my ban, causing me to look silly & impotent
b) people will ignore my ban, causing the government to forcefully confiscate the weapons
c) people will comply with my ban

The reality will resemble a combination of all three, and anything less than full compliance means a disaster for the government.
The Left is continuing their race to sound the most Stalinist.
Can't imagine what in the world they are thinking?
Living in their totalitarian Communist echo chambers, they don't seem to realize that the number of people in America who actually want and would vote for an authoritarian Police State is miniscule. Keep in mind that for whatever incomprehensible reason when the Leftists propose all these confiscatory State Edicts, confiscating wealth, confiscating property, confiscating weapons, mandating through force of State Power what you are required to 'believe' and what you are not allowed to believe, what opinions you can and cannot hold, they think they are appealing to the majority of voters. Who knows what in the world gave them that idea?

They may get some far Left voters who actually are real Communists. They will get Hollywood votes, of course. They will get some illegal and college student votes who are too stupid to know what they are voting for. But the majority of Americans want nothing to do with the forced imposition of a U.S.S.A. type government.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2019, 12:44:53 am »
There won't be alot of cops that enforce this. In the rural area where most of these types of guns are, everyone knows their value for home protection.
The Republic is lost.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2019, 12:50:06 am »
There won't be alot of cops that enforce this. In the rural area where most of these types of guns are, everyone knows their value for home protection.

I have a cop friend who told me if TSHTF the badge comes off.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2019, 05:20:05 am »
QED: Beto is non compos mentis.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2019, 07:11:55 am »
During the September 3, 2019, airing of ABC’s The View, host Meghan McCain warned there will be violence if the government tries to take away AR-15s.

She said, “The AR-15 is by far the most popular gun in America. … I was just in the middle of nowhere Wyoming, [and] if you’re talking about going and taking people’s guns away from them, there’s going to be a lot of violence.”

Every now and then, a blind hog finds an acorn...

And before anyone objects to my use of that adage... I know she's not physically blind.

Offline verga

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2019, 02:42:05 pm »
No, he thinks the public believes him when he says it won't lead to confiscation by police.
I think a lot of them will just ignore this "law"
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2019, 02:45:55 pm »
Every now and then, a blind hog finds an acorn...

And before anyone objects to my use of that adage... I know she's not physically blind.
I see what you did there.  :yowsa:
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2019, 02:47:03 pm »

Yup...this kind of mandatory turn in will be ignored just like the mandatory turn in of "high capacity" magazines in New Jersey.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2019, 02:48:25 pm »
Yup...this kind of mandatory turn in will be ignored just like the mandatory turn in of "high capacity" magazines in New Jersey.
Or the Canadian Long Gun registry, which was eventually scrapped.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2019, 02:49:43 pm »

"... There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any
government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one MAKES them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.
......just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced nor objectively interpreted -- and you create a nation of law-breakers -- and then you cash in on guilt. Now that's the system, Mr. Reardon, that's the game, and once you understand it, you'll be much easier to deal with."

- p.411,
Ayn Rand, ATLAS SHRUGGED, Signet Books, NY, 1957
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2019, 02:50:30 pm »
Or the Canadian Long Gun registry, which was eventually scrapped.

Yeah that worked out well for them didn't it?

Sadly I think our progressives are more of the bloodline of Stalin...they won't go "ok we were wrong" and walk away when their scheme fails.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2019, 03:00:27 pm »
The Left is continuing their race to sound the most Stalinist.
Can't imagine what in the world they are thinking?
Living in their totalitarian Communist echo chambers, they don't seem to realize that the number of people in America who actually want and would vote for an authoritarian Police State is miniscule. Keep in mind that for whatever incomprehensible reason when the Leftists propose all these confiscatory State Edicts, confiscating wealth, confiscating property, confiscating weapons, mandating through force of State Power what you are required to 'believe' and what you are not allowed to believe, what opinions you can and cannot hold, they think they are appealing to the majority of voters. Who knows what in the world gave them that idea?

They may get some far Left voters who actually are real Communists. They will get Hollywood votes, of course. They will get some illegal and college student votes who are too stupid to know what they are voting for. But the majority of Americans want nothing to do with the forced imposition of a U.S.S.A. type government.

Whatever happens from now on it'll be fun to watch whomever gets the nomination try to cover all of the ground back from the leftwing nether regions where they currently sit to the middle ground by election time. Warp speed ain't gonna cut it.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2019, 03:04:16 pm »
Yeah that worked out well for them didn't it?

Sadly I think our progressives are more of the bloodline of Stalin...they won't go "ok we were wrong" and walk away when their scheme fails.

No, they will just ratchet the penalty further North until possession of a 30-round mag fetches 20-life in Prison.  Both "Parties" will participate.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2019, 03:09:47 pm »
No, they will just ratchet the penalty further North until possession of a 30-round mag fetches 20-life in Prison.  Both "Parties" will participate.
At some point, that insanity will be apparent to even the most triggered and stupid.

Possession of a piece of folded metal, a flat bit, a piece of molded plastic and a spring, incapable of firing a bullet.

In the meantime, back to zip guns...

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1