Author Topic: Citizens come together to build custom homes for disabled vets: 'It's our way of serving our country  (Read 136 times)

rangerrebew

Citizens come together to build custom homes for disabled vets: 'It's our way of serving our country'

In an exclusive Fox Nation series, the founder of Building Homes For Heroes sat down with host Lauren Simonetti to discuss why he began the organization and the overwhelming response he received from citizens across the U.S. in their willingness to help those wounded while serving our country.

CEO and founder Andy Pujol explained that it was the September 11th terrorist attacks that fueled his commitment to the cause. After watching on television as the Twin Towers fell, Pujol immediately loaded up his car with socks, T-shirts, and bandages, totaling over a thousand dollars worth of supplies. "I don't know why but I knew that was my calling on that day," he said. Through the smoke and debris, he drove as close to the scene as he could get and explained to responding officers that he was there to help. The officers declined his assistance at first, he explained, but Pujol credits his "defiance" for convincing them to lend him gear and allow him onto the scene.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/citizens-come-together-to-build-custom-homes-for-disabled-vets