Author Topic: Here's Why The DOJ Wants Tech Giants To Fork Over Gun Owners' Information  (Read 848 times)

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
We had a article someone posted about using a phone app to calibrate guns not long ago... I couldn't find the article to tie into this one...

The Department of Justice on Thursday filed a court order stating they want Apple and Google to hand over the information of more than 10,000 gun owners. The DOJ wants information of gun owners who use the mobile app called Obsidian 4, which allows rifle owners to calibrate their scope using their cell phone, Forbes reported.

The government wants users' data as part of a larger immigration and customs enforcement investigation into breaches of weapons export regulations. Specifically, the DOJ is looking into illegal exports of American Technologies Network Corp's, the owner of Obsidian 4, scopes. 

Read more a link below...

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2019/09/07/doj-demands-apple-and-google-turn-over-gun-owners-information-n2552743
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
Re: Here's Why The DOJ Wants Tech Giants To Fork Over Gun Owners' Information
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 02:36:07 pm »
I'm sure the government has only the best of intentions for all 10K names.  **nononono*

Wonder why they didn't jsut ask for the specific users whom they believed were doing something illegal?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 02:40:15 pm »
I don't like this for a number of reasons....  but if they are focused on the possible export regulations violations, why didn't they limit the request to non-US IP addresses?

:shrug:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2019, 02:54:53 pm »
No firearm aps for me. I won't even discuss what I own on this forum.

Don't put anything past these guys.

Offline verga

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2019, 02:57:38 pm »
None of their damn business.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.