Author Topic: The first Europeans weren’t who you might think  (Read 3822 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
The first Europeans weren’t who you might think
« on: September 08, 2019, 06:51:11 pm »
The first Europeans weren’t who you might think

Genetic tests of ancient settlers' remains show that Europe is a melting pot of bloodlines from Africa, the Middle East, and today's Russia.

Three waves of immigrants settled prehistoric Europe. The last, some 5,000 years ago, were the Yamnaya, horse-riding cattle herders from Russia who built imposing grave mounds like this one near Žabalj, Serbia.
DANUBIAN ROUTE OF YAMNAYA CULTURE PROJECT, NATIONAL SCIENCE CENTER, POLAND

The idea that there were once “pure” populations of ancestral Europeans, there since the days of woolly mammoths, has inspired ideologues since well before the Nazis. It has long nourished white racism, and in recent years it has stoked fears about the impact of immigrants: fears that have threatened to rip apart the European Union and roiled politics in the United States.

snip

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/culture/2019/07/first-europeans-immigrants-genetic-testing-feature/
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: The first Europeans weren’t who you might think
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2019, 07:24:22 pm »
Any European who claims pure-anything ancestry is either a loony-toon or hasn't gone far enough back in their ancestry.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2019, 07:31:54 pm »
The idea that there were once “pure” populations of ancestral Europeans, there since the days of woolly mammoths, has inspired ideologues since well before the Nazis. It has long nourished white racism, and in recent years it has stoked fears about the impact of immigrants: fears that have threatened to rip apart the European Union and roiled politics in the United States.

Who the hell do the writers at NG think believes this?

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2019, 01:00:07 am »

They DO NOT care. They are virtue signaling to fellow SJW's....

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2019, 01:18:38 am »
The paragraph may well have been written by a sjw editor, but the science of DNA groups and migrations, is fairlywell established.

https://www.eupedia.com/europe/autosomal_maps_dodecad.shtml
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 01:23:17 am by truth_seeker »

Offline jpsb

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2019, 01:23:52 am »
They DO NOT care. They are virtue signaling to fellow SJW's....

:thumbsup:

Online Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2019, 01:28:29 am »
Here's an interesting article:

The sixteen grandsons of Noah
https://creation.com/the-sixteen-grandsons-of-noah

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2019, 02:05:21 am »
Here's an interesting article:

The sixteen grandsons of Noah
https://creation.com/the-sixteen-grandsons-of-noah
I would like to see that story, tied in with what we know about DNA distribution  and types.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2019, 03:44:55 am »
National Geographic went round the bend with Anthropogenic Global Warming/Climate Change and has been a serious disappointment since. They are even pushing the whole 'Global Citizen' thing. I guess they (Headquartered in Washington, D.C.--I have been there) missed the first word in their name. "National".

Pretty pictures, but that's about it, and even the use of imagery is questionable at times, used to push an agenda.

Google (yeah, use them, they're proud of this stuff) "Globalists at National Geographic"
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 03:46:58 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2019, 03:46:14 am »
National Geographic went round the bend with Anthropogenic Global Warming/Climate Change and has been a serious disappointment since. They are even pushing the whole 'Global Citizen' thing. I guess they (Headquartered in Washington, D.C.--I have been there) missed the first word in their name. "National".

Pretty pictures, but that's about it, and even the use of imagery is questionable at times, used to push an agenda.

It's very sad.  I used to love NG.  Not now.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2019, 03:50:23 am »
It's very sad.  I used to love NG.  Not now.
Me, too. Not only had I read back issues my Grandfather had to the late 1800s, I followed the whole development of the space program from the Mercury astronauts onward... Not to mention archaeological digs around the world and polar explorations. To some degree, that sparked my interests in geology and archaeology, and the diea of finding treasure, too. It had a great influence. But now, I'm almost afraid to let the grandkids/great grands read them because of the propaganda level.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2019, 12:54:12 pm »
Me, too. Not only had I read back issues my Grandfather had to the late 1800s, I followed the whole development of the space program from the Mercury astronauts onward... Not to mention archaeological digs around the world and polar explorations. To some degree, that sparked my interests in geology and archaeology, and the diea of finding treasure, too. It had a great influence. But now, I'm almost afraid to let the grandkids/great grands read them because of the propaganda level.

I dropped my subscription in 1998 because of their open leftism.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2019, 04:30:51 pm »

All people outside Africa are descended from ancestors who left that continent more than 60,000 years ago.

Absolute bullshit! Leftist propaganda.

ANYBODY with any understanding at all of the planet's history should understand that is a lie because most of the planet is now and has always been covered by water. The thing is all of the places that are dry continents or island now were once underwater,and the earlier places that were dry continents or islands are now underwater.

In other words,nobody knows who or what form of humanity roamed the planet back then. They might have been green and had a 3rd eye in the center of their foreheads for all we know. Or are likely to ever know.

What we DO know is that modern man and modern civilization began in either the place we now call China,or the place we now call Europe.

Neither one is in Africa,although to be fair we don't really know where Africa began because at one time Australia was a part of Africa,and for all we know Africa was populated by pink and purple people 2 feet tall at that time. Look up "Continental drift". 
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2019, 04:32:22 pm »

@Sanguine

People that never heard of "traveling salesmen"?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2019, 04:35:26 pm »
Any European who claims pure-anything ancestry is either a loony-toon or hasn't gone far enough back in their ancestry.

Or their fundamental world history.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2019, 04:46:20 pm »

Google (yeah, use them, they're proud of this stuff) "Globalists at National Geographic"

@Smokin Joe

To be fair,humanity is the result of globalism. We are all interconnected at a genetic level.

Which has nothing whatsoever to do with global politics. Even though we ARE all people,we are NOT the SAME people.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2019, 04:47:33 pm »

Almost every faith on the planet, comprising nearly e very single person alive, believe mankind descends from two people.

NG, like every single other major media, cannot put two words together without rolling in the political slop.

Words cannot adequately describe how utterly sick of it I am. I'm probably not alone.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 04:49:13 pm by skeeter »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2019, 05:22:24 pm »
Almost every faith on the planet, comprising nearly e very single person alive, believe mankind descends from two people.

@skeeter

Faith is NOT science,and people believe all sorts of damn-fool things.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2019, 05:35:25 pm »
@skeeter

Faith is NOT science,and people believe all sorts of damn-fool things.

You can go off on an anti-religion rant if you want, but I was referring to the thesis of the writer of the article about the prevailing beliefs in racial purity.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2019, 06:17:05 pm »
Way back then there were all sorts riding around on horseback here and there and so what?
What matters is that this nonsense doesn't.
Tribalism was the world wide norm until the emergence of the Fertile crescent in Mesopotamia
which gave birth to structured agriculture and animal domestication, among other advances.
This led to the development of culture/society having common values and virtues which in turn
led to the emergence of the nation/state.
It was the people of the latter who settled the world and hardly wandering tribesmen!!!!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2019, 06:20:01 pm »

NG, like every single other major media, cannot put two words together without rolling in the political slop.

Words cannot adequately describe how utterly sick of it I am. I'm probably not alone.

You are DEFINITELY not alone.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2019, 06:38:31 pm »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2019, 07:13:24 pm »
You can go off on an anti-religion rant if you want, but I was referring to the thesis of the writer of the article about the prevailing beliefs in racial purity.
Faith or not, If you read the Bible, there are references to interbreeding between the fallen angels and humans between the eviction from the Garden and The Flood (part of the reason for The Flood).
Whether you regard Genesis as gospel or mere superstition, with us humans in antiquity virtually every legend has some basis in fact, no matter how the story has become distorted. The ubiquitous nature of the Flood in the early parts of human history is as common as the common ancestors, a theme which transcends cultural boundaries.

In that sense, "racial purity" might mean humans without the taint of other than human genetics.

But, words can mean different things to different people, and meanings become distorted with time and distance.
An example would be the way the meaning of a phrase like "Giving your heart to God." varies between Christians and Aztecs.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2019, 07:39:34 pm »
Way back then there were all sorts riding around on horseback here and there and so what?
What matters is that this nonsense doesn't.
Tribalism was the world wide norm until the emergence of the Fertile crescent in Mesopotamia
which gave birth to structured agriculture and animal domestication, among other advances.
This led to the development of culture/society having common values and virtues which in turn
led to the emergence of the nation/state.
It was the people of the latter who settled the world and hardly wandering tribesmen!!!!
After the Toba Eruption, it was indeed the wanderers who filled the spaces.
It is a big planet for the estimated 75,000 humans who survived.
When there was plenty of room and resources there was no need for nation states, no need to stake out turf to ensure resources for your band/group/tribe. In fact, running into another group would be a chance to exchange genetics between bands and gain something for your people (band/extended family unit). No doubt such happened.
Structured agriculture came about for a host of reasons, not the least need for a food supply people could control (because when there are too many wanderers, there is no guarantee that the berry bushes won't be picked clean), and because it was efficient.
With agriculture and animal husbandry comes the ability to support a larger population and have concentrations of people who will ultimately form city/states and eventually nations.

But city folks tend to be sedentary, so long as they can. It was (and still is) the wanderers who trade, who find mineral resources, who find the good pasture over the next hill, who pave the way for the establishment of the cities, not the other way around.

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2019, 08:16:32 pm »
An example would be the way the meaning of a phrase like "Giving your heart to God." varies between Christians and Aztecs.
000hehehehe