Author Topic: Sanford announces challenge to Trump  (Read 5071 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Sanford announces challenge to Trump
« on: September 08, 2019, 01:45:06 pm »
The Hill, Sep 8, 2019

Former South Carolina governor and congressman Mark Sanford said on Sunday that he will challenge President Trump in 2020 as a Republican.

"I’m here to tell you now that I am going to get in," he said on “Fox News Sunday.”

Sanford said last week that he was focused on Hurricane Dorian would wait until after the storm had passed to announce his decision on a White House bid.

He previously said he would give himself until Labor Day to make a choice.

Since announcing his potential White House bid, the former lawmaker has visited New Hampshire and Iowa, causing further speculation that he would launch a campaign.

Sanford could face an uphill battle. The Republican parties in Kansas and Sanford’s home state of South Carolina on Saturday voted to cancel their GOP primaries.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/460410-sanford-announces-challenge-to-trump

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Sanford announces challenge to Trump
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2019, 01:46:18 pm »
How nice. This washed up has-been has something to do now ... and a way to increase his retirement savings.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2019, 02:06:44 pm »
How nice. This washed up has-been has something to do now ... and a way to increase his retirement savings.

Too bad we have to make such a choice.  A washed up has been vs. an idiot who treats the postion of POTUS like a reality TV show.

Shouldn't have happened, but that boat sailed 500 Tweets ago.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2019, 02:13:09 pm »
The Hill, Sep 8, 2019

Sanford said last week that he was focused on Hurricane Dorian would wait until after the storm had passed to announce his decision on a White House bid.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/460410-sanford-announces-challenge-to-trump

I thought he was out hiking on the Appalachian Trail?   This guy disappears more than Houdini.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2019, 02:24:30 pm »
I thought he was out hiking on the Appalachian Trail?   This guy disappears more than Houdini.

A POTUS MIA on the Applachian Trail might be better than what we have now.  Especially if that map veers toward Alabama.   :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2019, 09:40:43 pm »
The delusional qualities infect Republicans too!  Sanford has as much chance as DeBlazio.  ZERO!!!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2019, 09:50:55 pm »
He's a paragon of morality and character, for those who seem so concerned.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2019, 10:51:43 pm »
Never heard of the guy.  The only Sanford that I remember is Fred.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2019, 11:20:17 pm »
Former governor and freedom caucus member who was targeted by Trump ... he then lost the primary to a trumpkin, who then lost a long-held GOP seat to a dem. 

Offline verga

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2019, 11:23:17 pm »
Jack@$$
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2019, 12:26:56 am »
Who knew the path to the Presidency runs down a path on the Appalachian trail with a naked lady?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2019, 12:30:11 am »
Former governor and freedom caucus member who was targeted by Trump ... he then lost the primary to a trumpkin, who then lost a long-held GOP seat to a dem.

Fred would call this particular Sanford a big dummy.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2019, 12:32:02 am »

Sanford stepped on his Johnson and ruined it for any Pubbie in that election.  Hardly something "Trumpkins" can be blamed for...but go on ahead.  There will be applause.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2019, 10:38:56 am »
More jokers. Yay!
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2019, 12:32:28 pm »
How to split the anti-Trump vote and allow him to coast to another primary win in three easy steps.

Whoever ends up the opposition candidate, we need to settle on ONE.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2019, 01:15:31 pm »
Donald Trump Mocks ‘Loser’ Primary Challenger Mark Sanford for Appalachian Trail Scandal
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/09/09/donald-trump-mocks-loser-primary-challenger-mark-sanford-for-appalachian-trail-scandal/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2019, 01:21:59 pm »
He's a paragon of morality and character, for those who seem so concerned.

For those who actually ARE concerned, and don't just "seem" concerned, he's no better than the man he's challenging.

But you'll be glad to know that the pseudo-religious Liberty University is mocking Sanford's morality while dismissing Trump's.

NeverTrump Adulterer Announces Primary Challenge for 2020
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 01:25:20 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2019, 01:22:57 pm »
How to split the anti-Trump vote and allow him to coast to another primary win in three easy steps.

Whoever ends up the opposition candidate, we need to settle on ONE.

And it's certainly not THIS guy.  **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2019, 01:26:59 pm »
Sorry, but I'll pass on the three jokers who is challenging Trump.  They are not serious.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2019, 06:23:40 pm »
I've been a fan of Sanford's for years,  back when Trump was a New York liberal. A lifetime ACU rating of 92 and a proven record as a dogged fiscal conservative is good enough for me.

Count me in.  We cannot retain the Presidency and the Senate with Trump as our nominee.   I will not stand idly by and be a sycophant.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 06:29:16 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2019, 06:29:58 pm »
I've been a fan of Sanford's for years,  back when Trump was a New York liberal.   Count me in.  We cannot retain the Presidency and the Senate with Trump as our nominee.   I will not stand idly by and be a sycophant.

What ever.  Pick a loser... back a loser.  Nice job Jazzy

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2019, 07:18:42 pm »
What ever.  Pick a loser... back a loser. 

Sadly that is the case with both Trump and Sanford.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2019, 07:24:25 pm »
I've been a fan of Sanford's for years,  back when Trump was a New York liberal. A lifetime ACU rating of 92 and a proven record as a dogged fiscal conservative is good enough for me.
Count me in.  We cannot retain the Presidency and the Senate with Trump as our nominee.   I will not stand idly by and be a sycophant.

Do you think Sanford actually has a realistic shot at doing anything other than giving the Democrats raw material for their ad campaign against Trump?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2019, 07:34:58 pm »
Good (winning) political judgment demands situational awareness.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 07:38:27 pm by aligncare »

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2019, 07:36:03 pm »
Sanford will be gone quickly.  He will not have the funds to go very far, unless Soros begins funding him.

And Jazz, you must buy in to this media nonsense with their rigged polls, etc.  Trump will win by a landslide.  He is gaining in all the demographics that typically go to the Democommies.  I worked in the media for a number of years, and the angle they take is directed tied to WHO owns their network, publication, etc, and they no longer adhere to any journalistic standard.

Trump gets 28-40 Electoral states.  And that is the only metric that matters.