Author Topic: Buttigieg explains how Kevin Hart saying 'so what' about Lil Nas X being gay is problematic  (Read 301 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Buttigieg explains how Kevin Hart saying 'so what' about Lil Nas X being gay is problematic
Washington Examiner, Sep 6, 2019

Pete Buttigieg suggested that a person who aggressively asserts that he does not care about sexual orientation may be hiding the fact that he or she does.

"I think when somebody finds it necessary to wave their arms up and down and jump up and down telling you how much this isn't a thing for them it makes you wonder whether they're being honest with themselves,” Buttigieg said Friday during an appearance on “The Breakfast Club” morning radio show.

The South Bend, Indiana, mayor and Democratic presidential hopeful made the comment while weighing in on a controversy between comedian Kevin Hart and rapper Lil Nas X.

"He said he was gay. So what?" Hart said.

“It's not like I was being forced. It's just like knowing growing up, I'm growing up to hate this s---,” Lil Nas said.

Buttigieg compared declaring that one does not care about sexual orientation to claiming to not recognize differences between people of different races.

“I think it was the fact that he found it necessary to interrupt Lil Nas X and jump in and let everybody know that he doesn't care,” Buttigieg said. “I know a lot of gay people hear that and hear something that might not be that different than what some folks hear when they hear somebody say ‘I don't see color.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/buttigieg-explains-how-kevin-hart-saying-so-what-about-lil-nas-x-being-gay-is-problematic

Offline mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The theologian turns to mind reading.

He's starting to scratch my last nerve.   

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
And he's up there, what's that?
Hawaiian noises?
Bangin' on the bongos like a chimpanzee.....
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
That little faggot got his own jet airplane,
That little faggot, he's a millionaire...

Offline skeeter

Don't ask me what I think of you
I might not give the answer that you want me to.

Fair enough?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Uh, huh.   *****rollingeyes*****