Author Topic: Buttigieg Defends Abortion by Suggesting the Bible Says ‘Life Begins with Breath’  (Read 9198 times)

Offline Hoodat

Or take it out if you don't want it

Why would someone put it in the oven if they didn't want it?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline OfTheCross

Why do people do anything?
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Offline Hoodat

Why do people want a voice in the moral shaping of their society?  Or even more importantly, why do other people seek to deny those people that voice?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Why do people do anything?

Because their Rice Krispies told them to.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline roamer_1

Viability is the true test.

92% of abortions occur in the first 13 weeks. A fetus at the stage would never survive in the natural world. Which is to be it's environment.

Again you dissemble - The child is in the natural world.

I never said a woman decides alone. But she certainly has the final call. She's the one that has to show up or not show up to the procedure.

Again a poor excuse to justify a great injustice.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
7 of 9 people on the Supreme Court, people NOT ELECTED, decided the fatal fate of 60+ million of the most innocent, defenseless humans in America.

The USA has been practicing genocide for 47 years and counting. 

If a national referendum were conducted today, 47 years after the decision by the Supreme Court, the majority of people in America would say NO to abortion.  So why are we allowing this genocide to continue?

Most Americans resent anything that has to do with the USSR/now Russia, and yet with the current policies we become more like them every day.  Abortion in Russia is the primary means for birth control.  MY wife, a physician from Russia knows one woman that had 34 abortions in her lifetime.  The people cannot afford the methodologies we take for granted here in the USA i.e. condoms, etc.

The folks that support abortion, the very last thing they would ever want to happen is a referendum on the subject.  But if politicians are not going to end this nightmare, then it is time for people to demand a referendum on the matter.

My own mother, ended up being a hypocrite on the subject.  She was vehemently against abortion.  My sister gets pregnant to a guy that as it turned out had two other women pregnant within the prior year who gave birth to both kids.  She was planning to marry the guy, and when she found this out, she had an abortion. After that, my mother never said another word on abortion, and believe me, she was extremely vocal before, and condemning of all seeking abortion.  After my sister had her abortion, crickets for the rest of her life on the subject.

Abortion is genocide.  There is no argument to defend it with possibly one exception, when the life of the mother is in danger.  And that is a relatively small number versus the numbers that seek it now.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 02:55:10 am by jafo2010 »

Offline roamer_1

What do you mean?

Come on out here to Montana for a couple of weeks, and lets see how you survive in the natural world.

Offline roamer_1

Wait - we impose our moral view on murderers.  We impose our views on child abusers, burglars and arsonists.  But, when it comes to killing babies we shouldn't?

How weird is that?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline roamer_1

And there's the truth of it, right there.

It has nothing to do with viability arguments, or women's rights, or anything else - It has to do with a continuance of meaningless humping without accountability.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Would I believe that life begins at conception? No.
That does not answer the question now, does it?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
7 of 9 people on the Supreme Court, people NOT ELECTED, decided the fatal fate of 60+ million of the most innocent, defenseless humans in America.

The USA has been practicing genocide for 47 years and counting. 

Defenseless against whom?   What you describe as "genocide" is just the sum total of 60 million women exercising their liberties.  Or are you prepared to send them all to jail as murderers?   

There is no easy solution here.   The hard task is to persuade women in crisis that abortion is not the answer.   It's hard because it involves a different sort of effort than demanding the state criminalize a woman's choice to have kids when she's able and not when she's not.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline roamer_1

demanding the state criminalize a woman's choice to have kids when she's able and not when she's not.   

Nonsense. No such choice exists for men.

The real problem is that the minute women are treated like men with regard to accountability, the free and easy humping is over.

The whole and entire myth of women's 'sexual freedom' is built upon the bloody bodies of millions upon millions of children.

Offline bilo

A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Peter Buttigieg Loves God’s Creation When It’s A Rainbow But Not When It’s A Baby
https://thefederalist.com/2019/09/12/peter-buttigieg-loves-gods-creation-rainbow-not-baby/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

And there's the truth of it, right there.
It has nothing to do with viability arguments, or women's rights, or anything else - It has to do with a continuance of meaningless humping without accountability.

B-I-N-G-O.  It is quite telling to see male posters here as abortion's biggest advocates.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

It's hard because it involves a different sort of effort than demanding the state criminalize a woman's choice to have kids when she's able and not when she's not.   

No one is demanding that the state criminalize a woman's choice to have kids.  No one.  Women already have control over their bodies.  If they don't want to create a new singular life, then they should exercise that control accordingly.  I refuse to buy in to the argument that women are helpless victims here.  They are not.  Far from it.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline bilo

I find it interesting that Buttgieg claims Scriptural support for abortion, but all the pro abortion posters can't post verses of Scripture to back up their position. I've long believed you won't find real believers (whether they be Christian or Jew) in the pro abortion crowd.

The point being that the leftists know they have to discredit belief in God because absolute truth found in Scripture refutes their beliefs.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I find it interesting that Buttgieg claims Scriptural support for abortion, but all the pro abortion posters can't post verses of Scripture to back up their position. I've long believed you won't find real believers (whether they be Christian or Jew) in the pro abortion crowd.

Who here is pro-abortion?   Defending a woman's Constitutional liberty is not the same as being "pro-abortion".   Liberty means it is up to the individual to decide.   Many women exercise their liberty by continuing with an unplanned pregnancy.  For many,  they reason they do is their religious faith. 

Persuasion, not coercion, is the answer. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline roamer_1

The point being that the leftists know they have to discredit belief in God because absolute truth found in Scripture refutes their beliefs.

Absolutely right. The only defense I have seen is YHWH breathing life into Adam...

In the first place, that process seems to be entirely different from birth, so it does not apply. In the second place, the breath of life is not necessarily breath in the conventional sense - Many things live that have no breath at all. So I fail to see how the passage definitively supports the idea that life begins with breath.

Word-wrangling. I so cannot stand verse-slingers.

Offline roamer_1

Who here is pro-abortion?   Defending a woman's Constitutional liberty is not the same as being "pro-abortion".   Liberty means it is up to the individual to decide.   Many women exercise their liberty by continuing with an unplanned pregnancy.  For many,  they reason they do is their religious faith. 

Persuasion, not coercion, is the answer.

No.
Liberty has responsibilities
Freedom has consequences.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Nonsense. No such choice exists for men.

The real problem is that the minute women are treated like men with regard to accountability, the free and easy humping is over.

The whole and entire myth of women's 'sexual freedom' is built upon the bloody bodies of millions upon millions of children.

@roamer_1 you have to remember Jazzy believes that it's always the mans fault a woman gets pregnant...and a woman in his view has no self control or obligation to keep their legs closed.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Buttigieg is right.  Abortion is a moral question upon which reasonable, moral minds will differ.   The question is who has the right to make that decision.

And the answer should be:  every woman must have the right to decide for herself, on the basis of her own conscience informed by her experience,  her faith and those who love and support her.

It is not a decision to be compelled by government.

Amazing how easily...based on your favorite liberal cause...you shift from saying that only the judiciary can make a decision on our rights to railing against an overreaching judiciary.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
If life begins with breath...how does Mayor Pete explain a baby's heartbeat while in the womb...the full development of a baby while in the womb.

If life begins with breath...there's no way a baby could every form and be born.