Author Topic: Buttigieg Defends Abortion by Suggesting the Bible Says ‘Life Begins with Breath’  (Read 9214 times)

Offline OfTheCross

BANG!

A human being "at that stage" is surviving in the natural world.
But not on it's own. It's not a viable life. It can't survive independent of the mother. A baby can.
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
But not on it's own. It's not a viable life. It can't survive independent of the mother. A baby can.

uh huh

There are tens, if not hundreds of MILLIONS of adult people in this country who couldn't survive on their own in the natural world.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline OfTheCross

uh huh

There are tens, if not hundreds of MILLIONS of adult people in this country who couldn't survive on their own in the natural world.

What do you mean?
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Offline Hoodat

Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you.

Jeremiah 1:5
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
What do you mean?
He means humans eat more banana's than monkeys... but he has never seen a human eat a monkey.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Hoodat

And the answer should be:  every woman must have the right to decide for herself, on the basis of her own conscience informed by her experience,  her faith and those who love and support her.

The woman already made a decision.  The result of that decision led to a new life being created.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
What do you mean?

Most people, especially those raised in urban environments, are taught no survival skills. Take them from that unnatural environment and drop them into their natural environment and they will probably die without the aid of someone who does have survival skills. They aren't "viable" in the natural world.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
He means humans eat more banana's than monkeys... but he has never seen a human eat a monkey.

Does rat on a stick count?

Offline skeeter

Huh? No it can’t.

Offline OfTheCross

Most people, especially those raised in urban environments, are taught no survival skills. Take them from that unnatural environment and drop them into their natural environment and they will probably die without the aid of someone who does have survival skills. They aren't "viable" in the natural world.

I see you're being disingenuous in your response. I suppose that means you concede that 13 week old fetus is not viable.

The woman already made a decision.  The result of that decision led to a new life being created.

Obvious follow-up: What about in cases of rape?

Offline OfTheCross

Huh? No it can’t.
Yes, it can. Of course it's an infant, and an adult has to care for it. But it does not depend on the mother to survive.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I see you're being disingenuous in your response. I suppose that means you concede that 13 week old fetus is not viable.

It is viable because it is in its natural environment.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Personally,  I believe that life begins at conception.  But that's not the issue.  The issue is whether the State should impose my moral view on others at the point of a gun.

And my answer is - of course not.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Personally,  I believe that life begins at conception.  But that's not the issue.  The issue is whether the State should impose my moral view on others at the point of a gun.

Wait - we impose our moral view on murderers.  We impose our views on child abusers, burglars and arsonists.  But, when it comes to killing babies we shouldn't? 

Offline Hoodat

Viability is the true test.

So who gets to decide what is viable?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Wait - we impose our moral view on murderers.  We impose our views on child abusers, burglars and arsonists.  But, when it comes to killing babies we shouldn't?

Correct.  At least not before the fetus is viable. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Is it a moral view or a biological imperative?

The State is imposing a moral view on others at the point of a knife.

Offline Hoodat

I'm simply not seeing how a woman being raped justifies a woman who wasn't raped to kill her child.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline skeeter

Yes, it can. Of course it's an infant, and an adult has to care for it. But it does not depend on the mother to survive.

Ok. Then can THAT adult kill it?

Offline Hoodat

Yet you advocate exactly that.  You unequivocally deny the right of the people of each State to formulate their own laws under Amendment X of the Constitution of the United States of America, supporting instead the tyranny of the court (the de facto 'state') to impose its will on an entire nation.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Someone try to out stupid this>

You take a live viable sperm and a live viable egg. Unite them and they form a nonviable--life?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Correct.  At least not before the fetus is viable.

We've already debunked the viability argument.  Maybe you skimmed over that?

Offline OfTheCross

Someone try to out stupid this>

You take a live viable sperm and a live viable egg. Unite them and they form a nonviable--life?

You take a viable egg and some good viable flour and you don't get a viable cake. It has get cooked in the oven.

If you take it out too soon, it's no good.

Same logic applies.

Offline Hoodat

You take a viable egg and some good viable flour and you don't get a viable cake. It has get cooked in the oven.

If you take it out too soon, it's no good.

Same logic applies.

So the lesson here is to leave it in the oven until it's done.  Got it.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline OfTheCross

So the lesson here is to leave it in the oven until it's done.  Got it.

Or take it out if you don't want it