Author Topic: Trump Plan For Home Loans Rattles Watchdogs  (Read 612 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Trump Plan For Home Loans Rattles Watchdogs
« on: September 06, 2019, 07:48:40 pm »
At its heart, the new Trump administration plan for the home loan market aims to change the rules for the mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. The two companies are the bedrock foundation for home mortgages in the U.S.

The government created them decades ago to provide a federally backed guarantee on loans to ensure that money would always be available for responsible, qualified homebuyers to get mortgages. They later became largely private companies but have been under government control since the financial crisis.

Now the Trump administration says it wants to make Fannie and Freddie private companies again, make changes to the backstop they provide to the mortgage market, and introduce more competition from other private companies as well.

https://www.npr.org/2019/09/06/758107994/trump-plan-for-home-loans-rattles-watchdogs
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Trump Plan For Home Loans Rattles Watchdogs
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2019, 08:00:35 pm »
Best news I've read this week if they can get it done!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2019, 08:17:53 pm »
Well they weren't gonna be in conservatorship forever. Making them private again is fine.
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2019, 08:45:36 pm »
The rats will fight this tooth and nail because the idea has been advanced by this administration. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.