Author Topic: Flashback–Obama Admin: Universal Background Checks Need Gun Registry  (Read 4632 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
On January 4, 2013, National Institute of Justice Deputy Director Greg Ridgeway observed universal background checks need to be coupled with a gun registry in order to be effective.

Ridgeway’s observation came as the Obama administration was brainstorming on possible gun controls to push in the weeks after the attack on Sandy Hook Elementary School.

Breitbart News has Ridgeway’s document, “Summary of Select Firearm Violence Prevention Strategies.”

The summary looks at gun buybacks, “high capacity” magazine bans, “assault weapons” bans, and universal background checks.

In the section on universal background checks Ridgeway wrote, “Effectiveness depends on…requiring gun registration.”

Ridgeway noted:

Most states do not have a registry of firearm ownership. Currently NICS background checks are destroyed within 24 hours. Some states maintain registration of all firearms. Gun registration aims to 1) increase owner responsibility by directly connecting an owner with a gun, 2) improve law enforcement’s ability to retrieve guns from owners prohibited from possessing firearms.

Gun registration also allows for the monitoring of multiple gun purchases in a short period of time.

On August 13, 2019, Breitbart News reported universal background checks are unenforceable without a gun registry. The registry is necessary because universal background checks portend a check for every sale, whether retail or private. Therefore, the government has to know where all guns are, at all times, in order to know whether a gun is changing hands.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/09/06/flashback-obama-admin-universal-background-checks-need-gun-registry/
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline OfTheCross

Re: Flashback–Obama Admin: Universal Background Checks Need Gun Registry
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2019, 06:23:18 pm »
Yeah, they definitely have to go together...

I don't have a problem with that, though.
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2019, 06:28:13 pm »

Why...how anti Constitutional of you.  *****rollingeyes*****
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2019, 09:01:00 pm »
FTA:

Most states do not have a registry of firearm ownership. Currently NICS background checks are destroyed within 24 hours. Some states maintain registration of all firearms. Gun registration aims to 1) increase owner responsibility by directly connecting an owner with a gun, 2) improve law enforcement’s ability to retrieve guns from owners prohibited from possessing firearms.

See that item 2 right there?  This is proof positive the purpose of Registration is Confiscation.  All the gummit would have to do is declare AR-15s illegal, which would "prohibit" everyone "from possessing" the firearms.  Fits right in with the highlighted sentence above.

If you had a lick of Constitutional awareness, you would have been embarrassed to write that.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2019, 10:03:23 pm »
Why...how anti Constitutional of you.  *****rollingeyes*****

Not very.

We can still have guns.
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2019, 10:18:52 pm »
Not very.

We can still have guns.

Not if your friends have their way.  the time to stop your freinds from seizing them is now, not later when you can say, "Oh well, I guess you can't have them after all."
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 11:34:26 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2019, 10:28:25 pm »
Not very.

We can still have guns.

We?  The only thing you have ever shot off was your mouth.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline verga

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2019, 03:02:48 am »

There is a clause in the Constitution you need to get a better grasp of: "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2019, 03:15:54 am »
There is a clause in the Constitution you need to get a better grasp of: "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Okay...we can still buy guns with a registry

Offline verga

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2019, 03:22:49 am »
Sorry I consider registration an infringement, and so does anyone else with an IQ above say 70.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2019, 03:24:25 am »
Sorry I consider registration an infringement, and so does anyone else with an IQ above say 70.

But, then, any law controlling the sale of arms is an infringement. Is it not?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2019, 03:24:46 am »

That covers the "Buying," now what about the "keeping" part after the National Government has a list of who has them?
I will NOT comply.

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2019, 03:28:32 am »
That covers the "Buying," now what about the "keeping" part after the National Government has a list of who has them?

What about the "keeping" part?  If you're allowed to purchase it whose going to take it from you?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2019, 03:30:49 am »

:yowsa:  Good to see you finally catching on.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2019, 03:32:09 am »

Just wow.... have you not seen the correlation between gun registration and gun confiscation in this ole world's history? Lets just say I have a huge problem with it and so should anyone that values their right to defend themselves.

Just wow...
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2019, 03:33:25 am »

Yep, even having to rent your God given right to conceal carry is unconstitutional in my opinion.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2019, 03:34:43 am »
What about the "keeping" part?  If you're allowed to purchase it whose going to take it from you?

I'm not dignifying that with an answer.
I will NOT comply.

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2019, 03:42:11 am »
Just wow.... have you not seen the correlation between gun registration and gun confiscation in this ole world's history? Lets just say I have a huge problem with it and so should anyone that values their right to defend themselves.

Just wow...

No I haven't. Give me an example or two and I'll research from there.

I see.

But, if we're the well regulated militia referenced in the 2nd amendment. Shouldn't the States be regulating us? Training us? Keeping us sharp for the moment we have to defend ourselves from the tyranny of the Federal government?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2019, 03:53:00 am »
No I haven't. Give me an example or two and I'll research from there.
I see.

But, if we're the well regulated militia referenced in the 2nd amendment. Shouldn't the States be regulating us? Training us? Keeping us sharp for the moment we have to defend ourselves from the tyranny of the Federal government?

You don't seem to understand what I'm telling you @OfTheCross. The right to self preservation is God given and predates any government. The second amendment merely reaffirms that right.  It does not grant us anything.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2019, 04:02:14 am »
You don't seem to understand what I'm telling you @OfTheCross. The right to self preservation is God given and predates any government. The second amendment merely reaffirms that right.  It does not grant us anything.

Okay...but we're talking about laws. You can justify anything by saying your executing your God given right of self preservation.

"I only stole that loaf of bread to preserve myself". It would still be a crime punishable by law because we live in a society where we agreed to follow said laws.

So, my question to you was based on the laws we follow.

if we're the well regulated Militia referenced in the 2nd amendment. Shouldn't the States be regulating us? Training us? Keeping us sharp for the moment we have to defend ourselves from the tyranny of the Federal government?

You can choose not to answer that and we'll just agree fight another day  ****slapping :beer:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2019, 04:17:59 am »
 :2popcorn:
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2019, 07:26:12 am »
Not very.

We can still have guns.

How benevolent of you.  Registration interferes with that part of the 2nd Amendment that says “shall not infringe”

Registration leads to confiscation every single time. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2019, 07:28:24 am »
So how do you plan on forcing criminals to register their guns?

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2019, 07:59:27 am »
So how do you plan on forcing criminals to register their guns?

They'll register them when they sign up for their "liability insurance" policies!!

:silly:

Offline verga

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2019, 12:34:45 pm »
That is correct, you are learning grasshopper.