Author Topic: Trump administration says automakers’ pact with California is illegal  (Read 254 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

The Trump administration has launched a multi-pronged legal assault on California’s agreement with four carmakers on tailpipe emissions that was reached in defiance of a federal plan to ease national standards.

Lawyers from the Transportation Department and Environmental Protection Agency sent a letter to California’s top air-pollution regulator, warning the state to abandon its pact with the automakers and that any state actions to further the compromise “appear to be unlawful and invalid.”

Separately, the Justice Department has opened an antitrust probe into the deal, in which four automakers reached a pact on compromise tailpipe emissions with California, defying federal regulators, according to a person familiar with the matter.
 https://www.pressherald.com/2019/09/06/trump-administration-says-automakers-pact-with-california-is-illegal/
I'd say California is within its rights as a sovereign state to force its citizens to not have  automobiles if it desires, so the feds need to back off.

And this is definitely a collusion between the 4 automakers and needs to be prosecuted as such as an antitrust violation.  Colluding on what to make is what anti-trust law is all about.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 06:58:11 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline OfTheCross

I'd say California is within its rights as a sovereign state to force its citizens to not have an automobiles if it desires, so the feds need to back off.

And this is definitely a collusion between the 4 automakers and needs to be prosecuted as such as an antitrust violation.  Colluding on what to make is what anti-trust law is all about.

This is going to be interesting to follow

If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Is this an anti-trust issue?  I don't know.  Did other automakers benefit from the "compromise tailpipe emissions?"  If not, then it probably is an anti-trust issue.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: