Author Topic: Walgreens asks customers not to openly carry guns in stores, joining Walmart, Kroger, Target and oth  (Read 1176 times)

Offline OfTheCross

Walgreens has joined the growing list of retailers asking customers not to openly carry guns in their stores, following a recent spate of mass shootings.

In a statement posted on its website Thursday, Deerfield-based Walgreens said it is asking its customers to “no longer openly carry firearms into our stores other than authorized law enforcement officials.”

Earlier this week, Walmart and Kroger announced similar policies. In a statement Tuesday, Walmart said it was “motivated by our desire to create a safe environment in our stores and clubs.” CVS took similar action on Thursday.

Walgreens has more than 9,000 stores and is in all 50 states.

more

At this point it might just be a PR move. But the gesture matters, I suppose. It may lead to something eventually.
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
It's a request without a real need.  Between Kentucky Colorado and Texas I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen anyone open carrying anywhere.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline OfTheCross

It's a request without a real need.  Between Kentucky Colorado and Texas I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen anyone open carrying anywhere.

agreed.
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

It is also totally meaningless unless they post the signs.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

It is also totally meaningless unless they post the signs.

Well, I've seen signs posted on numerous stores and hospitals in the area; no weapons allowed period.  None specifically stating open carry or conceal carry.

In the 25+ years that I've lived in this area, the only open carry I see are police officers and I can only recall 1 person with a firearm holstered to his hip.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Well, I've seen signs posted on numerous stores and hospitals in the area; no weapons allowed period.  None specifically stating open carry or conceal carry.

In the 25+ years that I've lived in this area, the only open carry I see are police officers and I can only recall 1 person with a firearm holstered to his hip.

I was referring to Texas law and should have realized that there are Walgreens stores at other places as well.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
I was referring to Texas law and should have realized that there are Walgreens stores at other places as well.

Yeah in Texas if they've got 30.07 and/or 30.07 posted it's a legally enforceable gun free zone.

Though in talking to a lot of my friends...given the recent spate of shootings...they've been ignoring 30.06 when it's posted.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline verga

Yeah in Texas if they've got 30.07 and/or 30.07 posted it's a legally enforceable gun free zone.

Though in talking to a lot of my friends...given the recent spate of shootings...they've been ignoring 30.06 when it's posted.
Serious questions here:
1) Police officers, if they need to enter the premises to make an arrest, technically they would be in violation.
2) Off duty police: In my state officers are technically never "off duty" . Every one that I know of carries concealed when not in uniform. I have been in several establishments with them that are well over 51%. Is there and exception for them? And before anyone asks, they are not consuming alcohol.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I've decided that if they're only asking to not open carry, I can live with that.  If open carry was a big deal to me, obviously I would think differently, but I don't open carry and don't plan on doing so.  Their business, their rules.