Author Topic: Texas House Democrats turn up the heat on Gov. Abbott to call special session on gun reform  (Read 515 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
KETK by: Wes Rapaport and Phil Prazan 9/5/2019

Texas House Democrats turn up the heat on Gov. Abbott to call special session on gun reform

Governor Greg Abbott’s office says instead of calling an emergency special session on gun violence, he hopes to find “consensus” around solutions before trying to push them through the Texas legislature.

This comes as a swath of Texas Democrats increased the pressure on the state’s top leaders to act, after two deadly mass shootings in the last month and four in less than two years.

Democrats in the Texas House hosted five press conferences Wednesday morning in Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, and El Paso. They signed a letter to Gov. Greg Abbott, R-Texas, asking him to call an emergency special session “on protecting Texans from gun violence.”

Sixty-one members of the House Democratic Caucus signed a letter delivered to Abbott Wednesday morning, urging him to address the gun violence epidemic.

More: https://www.easttexasmatters.com/news/texas-house-democrats-turn-up-the-heat-on-gov-abbott-to-call-special-session-on-gun-reform/

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I would counter that illegals kill more than rifles, so any gun reform has to be coupled with immigration reform.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 12:24:31 am by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
This was all over the local news last night.  Some very emotional and compelling soundbites.  They're pulling out all stops.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
This was all over the local news last night.  Some very emotional and compelling soundbites.  They're pulling out all stops.

Pulling out all the stops, on many fronts, they are....

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Judging from the story about his eight executive directives, I'd say Abbot is looking for a way to cave to the Rats on this.   9999hair out0000
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Judging from the story about his eight executive directives, I'd say Abbot is looking for a way to cave to the Rats on this.   9999hair out0000

At the moment, I'd say you are wrong about that but we won't know until we see what actually comes out.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
At the moment, I'd say you are wrong about that but we won't know until we see what actually comes out.

I trust your judgement, Abbot's been damned good so far!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: