Author Topic: Montana Men Who Lied About Military Service Ordered To Wear 'I Am A Liar' Signs  (Read 374 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
This is great!

August 28, 20197:47 PM ET

Vanessa Romo

Montana's Cascade County District Judge Greg Pinksi on Friday handed down harsh punishments for Ryan Patrick Morris and Troy Allan Nelson, who both fabricated stories about serving in the military to get more lenient sentences.
Tamir Kalifa/Getty Images

When Ryan Patrick Morris and Troy Allan Nelson appeared in court after violating the terms of their respective (and unrelated) probations last week, Montana's Cascade County District Judge Greg Pinksi added a unique list of punishments to their sentences — including an order to wear a sign saying "I am a liar" — for pretending that they had served in the military.

Ultimately, the judge sentenced Morris to 10 years in prison for a felony burglary charge with three years suspended, and Nelson received five years for felony criminal possession of dangerous drugs with two years suspended, the Great Falls Tribune reported.

But before either man can be eligible for parole, Pinski decided, Morris and Nelson must demonstrate remorse for their lies by writing letters of apology to the American Legion, AMVETS and the Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America, among other groups. They also have to handwrite the names of all 6,756 Americans killed in Iraq and Afghanistan, and they have to pen obituaries of the 40 Montanans killed in Iraq and Afghanistan. Pinksi also ordered each man to complete 441 hours of community service — one hour for each of the Montanans killed in combat since the Korean War. ...

https://www.npr.org/2019/08/28/755237153/montana-men-who-lied-about-military-service-ordered-to-wear-i-am-a-liar-signs

And, here's the two liars:

(Mods - I posted this in scandal watch because it seemed more appropriate and they were not actually in the military.)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 04:33:20 pm by Sanguine »