Author Topic: Here's Every Military Construction Project in the U.S. Being Pushed Back to Fund Trump's Border Wall  (Read 1305 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Here's Every Military Construction Project in the U.S. Being Pushed Back to Fund Trump's Border Wall
By Chantal Da Silva On 9/5/19 at 6:23 AM EDT

As the government continues to face backlash over its decision to divert $3.6 billion in funding for military construction projects to the development of President Donald Trump's long-promised wall, we now have a clearer picture of which initiatives will be affected.

In a letter, which was first reported on by The Daily Beast,Defense Secretary Mark Esper outlined 127 projects expected to lose a total of $1.7 billion in funding. While Esper said that money would not be pulled away from "family housing, barracks, or dormitory projects," the list reveals an array of initiatives within the U.S. and around the world that will be affected.

Among the initiatives that will be impacted by the funding diversion are educational facilities for children, weapon maintenance facilities and firing ranges.

Below is the full list of military initiatives that will be affected in the U.S. and its territories:

more
https://www.newsweek.com/us-military-projects-trump-border-wall-funding-1457790?piano_t=1
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline OfTheCross

Damn...I don't know if I'd trade off those projects to renovate the border wall, tbh.
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Damn...I don't know if I'd trade off those projects to renovate the border wall, tbh.

You aren't from the Desert Southwest, are you?  This may come as a bit of a shock:  Not everybody shares your apparent belief that borders are secondary to pork.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline OfTheCross

You aren't from the Desert Southwest, are you?  This may come as a bit of a shock:  Not everybody shares your apparent belief that borders are secondary to pork.

You're right. Some of it is pork. A lot of the projects still seem more essential as the wall.
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@OfTheCross

I'd be willing to bring all US troops home and park the US Navy in ports if that is what it takes to fund sealing our borders.

After all,most of the US military abroad is working to defend other countries,not ours,and should probably be back home,anyhow. The only exception would be special operations units that need to develop personal contacts with their peers in other armies.

What good is a military if there is nothing left at home for them to defend?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
You're right. Some of it is pork. A lot of the projects still seem more essential as the wall.

To people who have had loved ones murdered by the invading horde of illegal aliens, the wall is the most essential.  FYI, you are talking to just one of them.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@OfTheCross

I'd be willing to bring all US troops home and park the US Navy in ports if that is what it takes to fund sealing our borders.

After all,most of the US military abroad is working to defend other countries,not ours,and should probably be back home,anyhow. The only exception would be special operations units that need to develop personal contacts with their peers in other armies.

:yowsa:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@OfTheCross

goopo

The most idiotic thing in the world today is how we guard Iraq's borders better than we guard our own.
I will NOT comply.

Offline OfTheCross

To people who have had loved ones murdered by the invading horde of illegal aliens, the wall is the most essential.  FYI, you are talking to just one of them.

I'm sorry for your loss. I'm sure the people who have had family members murdered in mass shootings think gun reform is most essential as well.

Something should, and can be done. I don't necessarily agree with taking money from other projects to do it.

@OfTheCross

That's not a bad idea

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
@OfTheCross

@sneakypete

Damn straight.
The Republic is lost.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
@OfTheCross

:yowsa: pointing-up
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm sorry for your loss. I'm sure the people who have had family members murdered in mass shootings think gun reform is most essential as well.

Thank you.  You could not be more wrong about gun "reform," unless you mean overturning all anti-gun laws, starting with the one passed in 1934.  Thinking family members of the murdered do not want to be disarmed, lest they themselves fall victim to the invaders.  If my family is attacked, I want a machine gun to protect them, not laws that are ignored by the very people I need to defend us from.
I will NOT comply.

Offline OfTheCross

Thank you.  You could not be more wrong about gun "reform," unless you mean overturning all anti-gun laws, starting with the one passed in 1934.  Thinking family members of the murdered do not want to be disarmed, lest they themselves fall victim to the invaders.  If my family is attacked, I want a machine gun to protect them, not laws that are ignored by the very people I need to defend us from.

I would like like to be armed and make it as difficult as possible for insane people to get guns. We can do both.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I would like like to be armed and make it as difficult as possible for insane people to get guns. We can do both.

It would be nice if the political left shared those desires, but they don't. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

It's not the guns - it's the crazy/evil people that is the issue.  If they can't get their hands on guns, as we have seen so many times, they will use whatever they can get their hands on.

Offline skeeter

I'm sure we could. The problem is many of the people who will be writing the legislation consider political disagreement with them 'insane'.

No thanks.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Who gets to determine who is insane and who is not?  That is the question.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Who gets to determine who is insane and who is not?  That is the question.

Judges.  They know everything.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Right!  Exactly the problem.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

And if the Rats get their way, that job will be fobbed off on vindictive "family members" (including exes) and the crooked shrinks they pay off.  No abuse potential there, no sirree.
I will NOT comply.

Offline OfTheCross

It's not the guns - it's the crazy/evil people that is the issue.  If they can't get their hands on guns, as we have seen so many times, they will use whatever they can get their hands on.

Okay. We can treat the crazies too. There's plenty of crazy people out there that aren't murderous. We should treat them so they don't go off the deep end.

There are many things we can do to try and help the situation

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
And if the Rats get their way, that job will be fobbed off on vindictive "family members" (including exes) and the crooked shrinks they pay off.  No abuse potential there, no sirree.

Absolutely!    ****slapping

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Hey!  Y'all got me doing it!  LOL.  This isn't a gun thread, it's about funding the border barrier.

Please ignore my posts and let's get back on topic.  My fault.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Okay. We can treat the crazies too. There's plenty of crazy people out there that aren't murderous. We should treat them so they don't go off the deep end.

There are many things we can do to try and help the situation

I may have been too subtle.  GUNS AREN'T THE PROBLEM.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Hey!  Y'all got me doing it!  LOL.  This isn't a gun thread, it's about funding the border barrier.

Please ignore my posts and let's get back on topic.  My fault.

:facepalm2:  (Me, not you.)