Author Topic: Here's Every Military Construction Project in the U.S. Being Pushed Back to Fund Trump's Border Wall  (Read 1304 times)

Offline OfTheCross

I may have been too subtle.  GUNS AREN'T THE PROBLEM.

Maybe I'm also being too subtle. What are some solutions? I'm not trying to go back and forth about whether guns are the problem or not
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Offline skeeter

Okay. We can treat the crazies too. There's plenty of crazy people out there that aren't murderous. We should treat them so they don't go off the deep end.

There are many things we can do to try and help the situation

There are many things we can try, but there is only one solution that will work in 99% of mass shooting cases, guaranteed - universal right to carry.

And it has the added side benefit of actually ENHANCING our liberties rather than diminishing them. Whats not to love?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I wonder how the Soviet Union used to deal with political dissidents.  Anybody know?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I wonder how the Soviet Union used to deal with political dissidents.  Anybody know?

They don't have any, do they @Bigun?  And, besides that was so long ago. 

Offline OfTheCross

There are many things we can try, but there is only one solution that will work in 99% of mass shooting cases, guaranteed - universal right to carry.

And it has the added side benefit of actually ENHANCING our liberties rather than diminishing them. Whats not to love?

It's easy enough to get a gun as at is. Even with universal carry not everyone is going to want one. That's not guaranteed to stop anything. The guy in Ohio killed shot 30  people in 30 seconds and killed 10 of them.

We need to stop crazy people from having guns.

We need to stop people from going crazy.
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
They don't have any, do they @Bigun?  And, besides that was so long ago.

Not for long anyway @sanquine because they had them declared insane and sent them to the  "hospital " pretty quick like.

Yeah!  What a fool I must be thinking we should learn from history like that!    :whistle:
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 11:36:08 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
It's easy enough to get a gun as at is. Even with universal carry not everyone is going to want one. That's not guaranteed to stop anything. The guy in Ohio killed shot 30  people in 30 seconds and killed 10 of them.

We need to stop crazy people from having guns.

We need to stop people from going crazy.

"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers"

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Not for long anyway @sanquine because they had them declared insane and sent them to the  "hospital " pretty quick like.

Yeah!  What a fool I must be thinking we should learn from history like that!    :whistle:

You silly fool.

I had a high school teacher that had The Gulag Archipelago as required reading.

Guess what? (according to Wikipedia)

Since the dissolution of the Soviet Union, The Gulag Archipelago has been officially published, and since 2009, is mandatory reading as part of the Russian school curriculum. An abridged fiftieth-anniversary edition was released on 1 November 2018 with a new foreword by Jordan Peterson.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gulag_Archipelago

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
You silly fool.

I had a high school teacher that had The Gulag Archipelago as required reading.

Guess what? (according to Wikipedia)

Since the dissolution of the Soviet Union, The Gulag Archipelago has been officially published, and since 2009, is mandatory reading as part of the Russian school curriculum. An abridged fiftieth-anniversary edition was released on 1 November 2018 with a new foreword by Jordan Peterson.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gulag_Archipelago

That is interesting, @bigheadfred.  And, a good sign.  Wish we would do the same thing. 

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
That is interesting, @bigheadfred.  And, a good sign.  Wish we would do the same thing.

Maybe we should start by trying to teach people how to READ.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Title (which tries its best to be alarming):
"Here's Every Military Construction Project in the U.S. Being Pushed Back to Fund Trump's Border Wall"

The most important instrumentality to ensure our national security today and in the future IS the border wall.

Shut down whatever is necessary (at the Pentagon and elsewhere) to fund it and get it built !

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Maybe we should start by trying to teach people how to READ.

There's that.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Title (which tries its best to be alarming):
"Here's Every Military Construction Project in the U.S. Being Pushed Back to Fund Trump's Border Wall"

The most important instrumentality to ensure our national security today and in the future IS the border wall.

Shut down whatever is necessary (at the Pentagon and elsewhere) to fund it and get it built !

That's what I think about it.  What point is there to spend $Bazillions basing soldiers all over the world while our own border goes unsecured, and thousands of illegal gang-bangers swarm the border?  Seems to me it's stupid to agonize all the pork barrel projects that are going to have to wait. 

Sounds like a Rat talking point, doesn't it? :pondering:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
The guy with his hand in his coat.

Napolean. Right?

@Bigun

Of course @bigheadfred! Joseph Napolean (Uncle Joe) Stalin.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Of course @bigheadfred! Joseph Napolean (Uncle Joe) Stalin.

He's the one running for POTUS?  I thought his name was Biden-my-time and not Stalin, but I guess there isn't much difference.   :shrug: