Author Topic: Walmart ends all handgun ammunition sales and asks customers not to carry guns into stores  (Read 1437 times)

Offline NavyCanDo

Let's at least get the headline right. It was open carry they asked people not to do, no conceal carry.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
I admit I used Wally for ammo most the time...heck just last week even.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline thackney

Walmart has been under great pressure to "do something/anything" since one of the shootings was in one of their stores.  Since Walmart is hardly a go-to store for weaponry, it's not much of a loss.  I'm not getting worked up over it.

For what they carry, ammo and firearms, they tended to be price competitive.  And that helps keep prices reasonable at other stores.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For what they carry, ammo and firearms, they tended to be price competitive.  And that helps keep prices reasonable at other stores.

I never bought there, because the selection sucked.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Kroger follows Walmart in asking customers not to openly carry firearms at its stores
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/kroger-follows-walmart-in-asking-customers-not-to-openly-carry-firearms-at-its-stores

We will not be changing our carry habits at either store. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Me either.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline verga

When I carry it is concealed. I never saw the need to give the bad guys early warning not to screw with me.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
When I carry it is concealed. I never saw the need to give the bad guys early warning not to screw with me.

Same here.  I don't want to spoil the surprise.
I will NOT comply.

Offline thackney

But I can appreciate the open carry folks that give warning to the rest of us by being the first targets...
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline verga

But I can appreciate the open carry folks that give warning to the rest of us by being the first targets...
:yowsa:
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Walmart hasn’t been the same since Sam passed away. IIRC all his kids turned out to be Liberal Clinton and Obama supporters.

@txradioguy

One of his sons was a Special Forces medic that earned a Silver Star and a Purple Heart while running recon operations in Northern Laos with MACV-SOG during the VN War.

He was an amateur pilot that died a few years ago in an airplane crash. I can easily be wrong on this,but I THINK it was an experimental plane that he designed and built.

I am positive about the MACV-SOG and Silver Star,though.Truth to tell,if he had done the same thing in a conventional army unit chock full of witnesses,he may have been put in for a Medal of Honor for his actions. He pretty much single-handedly fought off a large force of NVA troops while wounded himself and treating his wounded team mates and directing air strikes and calling in the rescue helicopter. Ask anybody who has ever been in combat if that is a big deal and see what reaction you get.

I know nothing about the other children,other than the fact that they (and he) were living off the trust fund profits. I am semi-sure I remember reading that Sam Walton set up trust funds for them and turned over control of Wal-Mart to pros,while reserving board seats for his children.

BTW,we can all "thank" Wal-Mart ,the Bush Crime Family,and the Clintons for the Chinese marketing invasion of America,all the cheap Chinese crap that entered our country,and all the jobs and factories that left.

Bush was President at the time,and Bubbette! Clintion,the Arkansas Governer's wife,was given a seat on the Wal-Mart board by Sam,based on her vast business experience of "none at all". The Bush Crime Family has the contacts in China to make this happen thanks to Poppy having been the first US Ambassador to China,as well as a former Director of the CIA. When he formally recognized China and sent them an Ambassador,he also sent his Uncle to China to open the "US Chinese Chamber of Commerce."

Or I may be wrong it was all just a coincidence that just seemed to work out financially for the Clinton and Bush families.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 05:46:04 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Polly Ticks

This is one of my GoTo places to find good deals on ammo. http://www.gunbot.net/

Love that site.
 :beer:
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Polly Ticks

I like this one as well!

I was unfamiliar with that one.  Thank you for the tip!  happy77
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Idiot

We just discovered "Grocery Pickup."  It's fabulous, you punch up the items on the phone app, add them to the cart, check out and schedule a pick up time.  Pull up next to the store, phone the number on the sign, and there's a friendly gal with the cart of stuff to load it in the car for you.  I don't even get out of the car, and they've been giving me bottled water to drink while I wait.

I wonder how long this lasts...
I've been picking up groceries like this for almost a year now, for my mom.  You have to be careful though because they'll charge more for items at the grocery pickup than they do inside.  Example...a pineapple inside is $1.98.....pickup....$2.40

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I've been picking up groceries like this for almost a year now, for my mom.  You have to be careful though because they'll charge more for items at the grocery pickup than they do inside.  Example...a pineapple inside is $1.98.....pickup....$2.40

We're going down there now...we have an order ready.  As for produce, we were always leery about quality but so far they've picked good stuff for us. :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

I am for carrying any way you feel like carrying... Also there is NO stats that suggest that open carry  folks are targeted first, and it might be they deter more crime that might otherwise occur due to their open carry warnings. So in the long run, they actually might be targeted first but also might be targeted less due to the fact they scare baddies away from attacking at all.

Truth is being there is NO research on the subject, letting our style of carry color our views might just be all CC folks are projecting. I can see benefits for both styles including draw times in benefit of Open Carry (and deterrent benefits) and stealth in Conceal Carry.

Like I said, freedom in carry style, and all is good in my opinion. @verga   @thackney  @Cyber Liberty @txradioguy

Son prefers Open Carry, me Concealed...
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 07:06:52 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I am for carrying any way you feel like carrying... Also there is NO stats that suggest that open carry  folks are targeted first, and it might be they deter more crime that might otherwise occur due to their open carry warnings. So in the long run, they actually might be targeted first but also might be targeted less due to the fact they scare baddies away from attacking at all.

Truth is being there is NO research on the subject, letting our style of carry color our views might just be all CC folks are projecting. I can see benefits for both styles including draw times in benefit of Open Carry (and deterrent benefits) and stealth in Conceal Carry.

Like I said, freedom in carry style, and all is good in my opinion. @verga   @thackney  @Cyber Liberty @txradioguy

:yowsa:  Everyone here (my household ) chooses concealed but it is a choice.  I fully agree with what you said.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline verga

@Sighlass I can't argue with a single point you made. It is up to everyone to make up their own mind.

Online roamer_1

:yowsa:  Everyone here (my household ) chooses concealed but it is a choice.  I fully agree with what you said.

I chose not to CCW because of the permitting - If the government does crack down at some point, they've a handy list of the true believers.

I don't trust government, ever, be it the feds, the state, the county or the sheriff, the city or the police chief... I don't need to be on their lists.

Montana is open carry, but has some exceptions for concealed due to winter or transport purposes... So a reasonable concealment can be explained away. I have never been busted for concealed, and I probably never will be.

That being said, I pack what I want, how I want. And nobody gets to know about it.
SHALL NOT be infringed.