Author Topic: CCW Weekend: If You Start The Fight You Can’t Stand Your Ground  (Read 945 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Daily Caller by Sam Hoober 8/31/2019

For those who haven’t seen it yet, Michael Drejka was convicted of manslaughter for the shooting death of Markeis McGlockton. Drejka, according to the Orlando Sentinel, has not been sentenced yet, but will be sentenced in October.

However, given the manslaughter conviction plus the accessory charge of using a firearm in the commission of a crime, it could effectively be a death sentence. Drejka is 49 years old, and faces up to 30 years in prison.

It is wholly an instance of “play stupid games, win stupid prizes.”

For those that haven’t heard of the incident, it went something like this:

Michael Drejka drove to a convenience store near his residence in Clearwater, Fla., in July of 2018. One Britany Jacobs was parked in the handicapped parking space, with her children in the car as McGlockton, her boyfriend, was grabbing some snacks or what have you inside the store. Drejka went over to chide Jacobs for parking in the handicapped space, and the argument got heated.

McGlockton pushed Drejka down. Drejka, who has a concealed carry permit, drew his handgun and shot McGlockton, who ran into the store and collapsed. He was pronounced dead at the hospital.

More: https://dailycaller.com/2019/08/31/ccw-weekend-if-you-start-the-fight-you-cant-stand-your-ground/

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: CCW Weekend: If You Start The Fight You Can’t Stand Your Ground
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2019, 05:18:38 pm »
A "bad shoot."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2019, 07:21:52 pm »
A "bad shoot."

The very definition of one.  Stand your ground is for defense...not being the aggressor.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2019, 07:46:09 pm »
The very definition of one.  Stand your ground is for defense...not being the aggressor.

@txradioguy  @Cyber Liberty

I disagree...SLIGHTLY.   Let me preface by saying that I’m stating this as if I were on the jury.

I would convict on the basis that the deceased WAS backing away.  However, here’s my disagreement:  I believe the deceased WAS the aggressor.  Approaching a vehicle to bitch about a parking spot, while stupid, does not inherently make the shooter the aggressor.  When that guy comes out and physically engages and puts the shooter on his ass, that, to me, was a clear escalation.  When he backed off, it shouldve ended.  Had he advanced, I’d have voted for acquittal.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline verga

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2019, 09:19:06 pm »
@txradioguy  @Cyber Liberty

I disagree...SLIGHTLY.   Let me preface by saying that I’m stating this as if I were on the jury.

I would convict on the basis that the deceased WAS backing away.  However, here’s my disagreement:  I believe the deceased WAS the aggressor.  Approaching a vehicle to bitch about a parking spot, while stupid, does not inherently make the shooter the aggressor.  When that guy comes out and physically engages and puts the shooter on his ass, that, to me, was a clear escalation.  When he backed off, it shouldve ended.  Had he advanced, I’d have voted for acquittal.
I agree with a proviso. We don't know the level of the confrontation between the shooter and the woman in the car. If I came out of a store and see someone getting hostile/ aggressive with my wife, you can bet I am going to get involved. Does that mean I am going to take a swing at him, not necessarily, but you can be certain words are going to be exchanged. 
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.