Author Topic: Fall 2019 / winter 2020 football season thread  (Read 29925 times)

Online Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Re: Fall 2019 / winter 2020 football season thread
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2019, 09:06:23 pm »
I'ma just leave this here...

Jerry Jones’ Cowboys frustrations boil over in curse-filled radio call

The losing appears to be taking its toll on Jerry Jones.

The Cowboys owner had an animated radio interview on Friday, even cursing a few times as his team’s struggles were broached.

“Get your damn act together yourself. OK?” he told the hosts of 105.3 FM in Dallas when asked during his weekly spot if he was embarrassed. “Settle down just a little bit. … I don’t like your attitude to come in. I’ve been traveling all night and don’t have the patience to [do this] with you today.”

Excerpted, more at the link: https://nypost.com/2019/12/06/jerry-jones-cowboys-frustrations-boil-over-in-curse-filled-radio-call/
Let it burn.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2019, 02:54:04 am »
Halftime against Wisconsin and OSU looks very over-rated so far.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2019, 01:50:45 pm »
Halftime against Wisconsin and OSU looks very over-rated so far.

I think the fix was in - the refs got the message in the second half...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2019, 03:04:06 pm »
I think the fix was in - the refs got the message in the second half...
Sure seemed like it when the obvious offensive movement was not called on that OSU touchdown.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2019, 03:31:43 pm »
Sure seemed like it when the obvious offensive movement was not called on that OSU touchdown.

That and some tacky pass interference calls. Fields' lack of mobility made it a close matchup. It put the pressure on Dobbins and he had a game that should keep him in Heisman contention. I agree with the announcers that WI would be a better representative of the Big 10 in the Rose Bowl than PSU.

OSU looked shaky all day but finishing the season with 3 consecutive wins over top 10 teams is impressive.
---

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2019, 06:03:20 pm »
With all the money on the line for the college playoff, someone from the Big Ten must have put the word out that Ohio State had to win the game.  A Wisconsin win would have jeopardized millions of dollars from falling into Big Ten coffers.  At the end of the game, Wisconsin was moving the ball effectively through the air.  Yet on their next to last drive, they ran the ball on third and then fourth down.  And on the last play, they again ran the ball, allowing the clock to run out.

There was simply too much on the line here to risk the Big Ten from being excluded from this NCAA cash cow for a third consecutive year.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2019, 08:55:15 pm »

OSU looked shaky all day but finishing the season with 3 consecutive wins over top 10 teams is impressive.
I think OSU will not make it past Clemson who has looked more impressive, albeit against inferior foes.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2019, 09:06:51 pm »
I think OSU will not make it past Clemson who has looked more impressive, albeit against inferior foes.

I doubt if 3 weeks is enough to get Fields back to full mobility. If not OSU will be at a big disadvantage.

Happy to see WI get the Rose Bowl bid - they shouldn't have much trouble with OR. I think the Big 10 has 7 or 8 teams in bowls - not bad...
---

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2019, 01:20:40 am »
Sorry to see Dobbins left off Heisman list. He played very little in the second half of most games but in the last 3 against top 10 opponents he carried the load. I think Fields' lack of 2nd half playing time will cost him a shot at the trophy too. OTOH I was surprised Young was a finalist after his 2-game suspension.
---

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline musiclady

« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2019, 09:27:38 pm »
Some serious sour grapes on this thread!

(The only bad half OSU played all year was the first half of the Wisconsin game. They just got their act together and played like they’ve been playing all year in the second half and Wisconsin wore out. No bad reffing or ‘fix’ caused the win. Just hard nosed football).

Go Buckeyes! Beat Clemson!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2019, 10:05:12 pm »

(The only bad half OSU played all year was the first half of the Wisconsin game. They just got their act together and played like they’ve been playing all year in the second half and Wisconsin wore out. No bad reffing or ‘fix’ caused the win. Just hard nosed football).

@musiclady

888high58888

Offline musiclady

« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2019, 10:49:05 pm »

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2019, 11:51:12 pm »
No sour grapes on my part - it's just interesting to speculate on what stats players like Fields and Dobbins might have racked up if they'd had to play entire games. But from a team standpoint you don't want to unnecessarily risk injury, and you want to give their backups as much playing time as possible. I give them a lot more credit than Bosa, who I think could have returned last year but chose to protect his draft potential over the team. Dobbins in particular, despite limited playing time, surpassed some major NFL stars. And Fields' 40-1 touchdown-to-interception ratio - how is that even possible?
---

« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2019, 09:34:40 pm »

So what do you call this play on a touchdown that clearly was movement by the offense?
Good refereeing?
http://twitter.com/i/status/1203522444973219840

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2019, 02:41:17 am »
The right tackle moved too.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2019, 02:34:54 pm »
The right tackle moved too.
Yet the claim is this is all above-board football with 'no bad reffing'.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2019, 02:39:08 pm »

Who claimed that? Did you read my posts 53 & 55?
---

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2019, 04:29:57 pm »

Hey, you have your undefeated season and your spot in the CFP. If the Buckeyes are as good as they say they are, prove it. You're ranked above the defending champions, so here's your chance.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #69 on: December 14, 2019, 04:38:40 pm »
Army-Navy this afternoon.

Time: 3 p.m.
Place: Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia, PA
Odds: Navy -10½ (O/U 40½)

Navy overall record: 9-2, AP #23
Army overall record: 5-7

Series record: 60-52-7 Navy
Active winning streak: Army +3

TV: CBS
Radio: Westwood One
Internet: https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/armed-forces/

Offline musiclady

« Reply #70 on: December 14, 2019, 08:08:29 pm »
Hey, you have your undefeated season and your spot in the CFP. If the Buckeyes are as good as they say they are, prove it. You're ranked above the defending champions, so here's your chance.

Clemson hasn’t faced anyone as tough as the Buckeyes.

We’ll find out if THEY are up to it.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #71 on: December 14, 2019, 08:10:39 pm »

One missed call doesn’t equate with bad reffing.

Sour grapes.

The Buckeyes were the far better team and they won.

Period.

« Reply #72 on: December 14, 2019, 11:00:48 pm »
Who claimed that? Did you read my posts 53 & 55?
Read post #61

« Reply #73 on: December 14, 2019, 11:02:55 pm »
One missed call doesn’t equate with bad reffing.

Sour grapes.

The Buckeyes were the far better team and they won.

Period.
It is on a touchdown play.

BTW, did I ever say OSU was not the better team?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #74 on: December 15, 2019, 12:46:13 am »
It is on a touchdown play.

BTW, did I ever say OSU was not the better team?

Check out the final score.

The one missed call didn’t affect the outcome of the game.

The complaint is a non starter. The Buckeyes won the game. The refs didn’t do it for them.

btw, the general feeling is that the OSU- Clemson game will be close. I think that we will win it because that’s what this year’s Buckeyes do.  They win.